How'd it go today?

Holy mackeral! Those seem to be very reasonably priced.....especially for the quality of work.

Nice work Wood Collector.

Good luck on the new job. I never look forward to the pack test, but at least its easier than what smoke jumpers go through.

Are there Jumpers in Australia?

School started last week for some counties around here and yesterday was the first day of school for the rest of them. And my theory has once again proven true that the phone stops ringing right about when school starts. The last few weeks I've been working solid, this week I only have three jobs and two of them are 'friends and family' type jobs. This isn't a bad thing, I need the break. Hot as hell and rains every damn day. Humidity stays at 90% and my lawn is full of fungus. Working outside for more than 30 minutes and I'm dripping wet soaked to my underwear. I go through 3-4 shirts a day and now all my laundry smells moldy as soon as it gets wet. I can't wait for the daily rain to stop.

Good on you WoodC! That's great to get a full time firefighter spot :) I'm a volunteer and really enjoy it.

Ha Brian! you have just successfully reminded me why I don't go to do tree work in Bermuda in August and September!! I know how you feel and I don't miss it. April-June is enough for me now...by July I struggle with the humidity, I used to scoff when I was under 40...now I understand!
Frosty morning here yesterday -2c then misty rain for most of the day, cut some firewood and tidied our own front yard for a change.

Skwerl, just channel Burnham, he'd be working in those conditions with chaps on no problemo. ;)

Skwerl, just channel Burnham, he'd be working in those conditions with chaps on no problemo. ;)

Don't get snippy, now. :)

I never ever said it was no problem. I have just said that when people think I don't understand what it's like to work in hot and humid conditions, that they are mistaken. And that it can be done while still using proper PPE.

Working outdoors in a physically demanding job in that sort of weather takes a special skill set, and you better know how or you can get bad sick, or worse.

Working in 90% humidity is only for people that were born in such a place and have gotten used to it. I tried once as an outsider, it wasn't just being uncomfortable from the heat, my lungs felt like they were getting real messed up and I developed a persistent cough. Giant centipedes and all the other unknown to me before creepy crawlers that liked it were scary too. I got out of there.

You got my attention...that is cool!

I loves me a good swing!!

Attachments

• Bando08Summer05.jpg
    Bando08Summer05.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Bando08Summer03.jpg
    Bando08Summer03.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Bando08Summer04.jpg
    Bando08Summer04.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 29