How'd it go today?

It wasn't pleasant. I was supposed to have 2 extra guys. One went to the hospital Sunday evening with a staff infection and the other seems to make a habit of missing Mondays:/:

Dive Team has been very busy lately. Had to rig a high line to belay the boat for search positioning...will post more picts in Emergency Services thread.

Attachments

• IMG_20160627_101313588.jpg
    IMG_20160627_101313588.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 64
Bloody hell.

Got a huge storm last night. No seeding, no spraying, no nothing.

Mom and Dad lost power. They have a ground transformer and musta taken a bad lightning hit. We are the end of power line so when they lose power, they are out too.

Shit, hope I am not going have to dig up their yard.

View attachment 71407View attachment 71408

Just realized I wasn't in the work pics thread. Finished off the night by watering down the lawn. I put a pesticide down last night that is supposed to be watered in. I checked the radar and there were storms coming. Less than ten miles out. Wouldn't you know it, they fell apart and went right around us.:X:X

What was the pesticide for?

Holy shit Stephan, that draw is going to be a wasteland! What do they speculate will happen to those stands? Besides massive wildfires. . .

Damn.

Wild fire and oor habitat. Most will be left standing. Just the ones threatening structure or infrastructure will be taken down. Some logging.10s of millions of dead pines. No way they all go away.

Some kids still have stamina!
I took a group of 15 yr olds on a tour through Spittal Pond Nature Reserve today...in an absolute downpour, some had trash bags for raincoats, a couple had raincoats, some had nothing! Two hrs when it wasn't raining it was steaming, humidity is over 90%.
Makes me happy to give up time to educate the young ones when they take it on the chin like that 😊

Hooked up with another 'Houser yesterday.
Guy aka Treelooker was in Denmark for a few days, so we spent an evening together, looking at trees in "my" Castle park.
Had a good time picking his brain:)

My biddy in Virginia says he picks one off each time he goes outside.

Two of my friends back home in Virginia have been diagnosed with Lyme disease this spring. The ticks are really bad in the Dismal Swamp this year. I've been keep on the lookout for them here too since we've been doing periodic days of land clearing.

Just heard a news sound bite today about a new Lymes test that is moving forward through testing and toward hopefully approval. It should be an early detection pee test and sold over the counter.

Fun back story about the developer too.

Finally home, camp all packed up and pulled out today after a day of dead wooding pines and a cedar.
About a 3 hour ride home with all the gear in tow. Stopped for dinner and took one of the crew and his daughter out as well. He was following us home to act as support in case of break down. Stuff breaks good in the heat. 100* temps loaded beats these trucks to death. Rest stop leet them cool off a bit before the next sets of grades.
Lady booked another week in October.
Good to be in my own shower and bed tonight.
Kisses from the kiddos :)

Back