How'd it go today?

That is really pretty. I'm not recognizing that rope grab...what is it, please sir?

DMM and RE both make first class stuff, for sure. Those Rock O's are a fav of mine. Pirates too.

It's a Petzl product Mr. B. Both the grab and the lanyard. Microflip/micrograb.

I really like the Rock Krabs too! Some folks curse them for they're backward locks, but I like them. I'm so used to having one on my rope lanyard, it'll be nice to have the same manual of arms for everything.

Thanks Butch, I thought so too! 8)

I always preferred the pull down to unlock function of the RE carabiners, myself. Omega Pacific too, same movement...though perhaps not quite so good on manufacturing to a high degree of detail as the Rocks. Easier for me to manage one handed, either hand.

Those DMM swivels are nice for sure, quality piece of kit. I have them on my bridges. I like how the shackles are interchangeable to the different models, Nano and Focus.
I like that yellow wirecore...Petzl did you say?

Jim, I have a 3 and 4 jaw chuck, plus a set of collets I rarely use. I forget what the bore on my spindle is, sometimes I can bump a solid shaft to move on 3 jaw, other times I'll use a steady rest.

Nice gear Sam.

I like that wirecore. Nice and bright. Of course they never stay like that for long.

Nice fell CV. Codoms always add a bit of a challenge.

Those DMM swivels are nice for sure, quality piece of kit. I have them on my bridges. I like how the shackles are interchangeable to the different models, Nano and Focus.
I like that yellow wirecore...Petzl did you say?

Yeah Fi, it's a Petzl flipline and adjuster.

Cheers

Worked at the Wastewater treatment plant today, What a Gas! Two more days sliding Eucs across a razor wire fence to the chipper. No pics or I'd a Work Pic'd them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It was barbed tape or razor wire... that shit poked me right in my left thumb within 10 minutes of trying to take the fence apart. I zip tied it for the night and maintenance can hard wire it after I leave.... fuggedabouttttit!

It was kinda gross watching this whirly bird froth it up...Super loud all day... sounded like the chipper idling all day from every little installation all a over the place.
The job is to show jurisprudence on these falling eucs.

63115f30e78aca24b2840298baae69b2.jpg
b32c70e479c54f5681704c9e99766d5a.jpg

Excellent fab work again Peter, you have a nice lathe as well. Ah yes the shit plants. If i never work another one I'll be OK with that. We did the 48" intakes here a few years ago... kept clogging the 4" trash pump with tampon applicators. Really funny story tho.

They didn't use valves on the intakes, but they have grooves in the concrete that they drop a giant plate in, called a wier plate. Of course it didn't seal very well, so they got the idea of using sandbags to push up against it. So they took the flatbed and went and got a couple pallets worth. They backed up to the manhole and started chucking them in, so i walked over and asked how they would get them back out. They hadn't thought that far, so i suggested maybe tie a rope to them. Lol they had never thought of that, so they got some wire pulling rope and set to work. End of the job they pull the ones on a rope right out, but now what to do with the ones that they just bombed down in there? Then they started setting up a tripod, and we all had to see if they really were going to do what we thought... and then out walks the new guy, tyvek suit, boots and gloves taped with a fall arrest harness. They lowered him in, and moments later reeled him back up, him holding a sandbag, covered up to his chest in the most horrible mess imaginable. I may have puked, i don't remember lol. This goes on for hours, then when he couldn't reach anymore, they backed up a vac truck and sucked out the rest hahahahha.

Worst part of it was the plant sent a letter to our boss saying we were the most professional crew ever and we got done in record time. That was due to the fact that when breaks and lunch came around, none of us could even imagine eating, so we busted our asses so we could leave lol.

Confined space, so they have an electric sniffer, which btw is the actual tool to use if you are going to weld on a gas tank or something. Confined space work is about the most dangerous stuff you can do, a ton of ways to get killed. And the hole watch is actually dangerous too, if you are watching and a guy goes down, you do not enter to save him. Doing so will most likely kill you as well. They use extraction cables tied to the guy, and they winch you out, if you didn't have to take off to do your work. When i was an apprentice, we were going to be doing something to this tank, which had some nickel catalyst or something that catches on fire when air hits it. So they put a nitrogen purge on, and when we get the manhole open, my responsibility was to spray it down with a hose to put out the fire. Well my dumbass stuck my head in the tank to look and see if i got it all, next thing i knew i woke up laying on my back on the grating. Journeyman said "well now wasn't that dumb" lol. The lack of oxygen knocked me out momentarily, and i didn't feel a thing before it happened. Learned a lot that day.

Back