How'd it go today?

I am glad that's all over!

Mud season is still several months away IMO ground is froze deep and enough snow to keep it that way. What has me nervous is the rain they have predicted it's just gonna freeze solid when it hits the ground.
With all the cold we saw Lake Geneva go from open water to iced over in two days. Rather impressive! Now there is over a foot of ice. 18" on Lake Delavan.

Well misery loves company, so all of you who've had things sh-t the bed, know you're not alone. Yesterday after plowing for near ten hours from 2am I got the call over the radio my driver of my 2nd truck destroyed the mount.

So I got to go and get the plow off of his truck, leave him my truck, then drive the other one home to my shop were I removed the mount. At this point I knew I wasn't repairing it in any timely fashion. So I called around. Cheapest price 868$ plus tax and shipping and wouldn't see it for three to four days. F-ck! Snow is still coming. So without having a plow at home I drug my torches about a 1/4K. Through 2' 1/2 of snow to my old grey beast in the field. Shovelled my way into the underneath of he old truck and torched off the old mount. Fun fun Fun! Then got it and the torches back to the shop. Re and re'd the new old mount and then drove the truck back to the plow were I got it mounted up and swapped trucks back with my driver.

Kid you not, I've got a Fitbit now to confirm. 14hrs of sleep last night. What a day! And the snow just doesn't stop coming.

Best part was when I was f-cking around with a plugged cutting tip under the truck, warming everything up instead of cutting and melting the snow on the hood so it ran down the front like a small river soaking me. Good times!

But my repair went from $1100-1200 in parts to zero. So that's a silver lining I suppose. Not bad wages for a day of hell.

I had to post it up here, because my wife is duly unimpressed with the effort. lol. I did get a attaboy though when I mentioned how much money I'd saved.

It correlates to Jim’s ‘you could break an anvil and lose the pieces’ saying.

It’s an Irish thing, I suspect he heard it a lot when he was younger.

Damn, Justin!

Crikey, Mick!

Ya'll have a beer on me! Send me the bill! :beer:

VWyRECL.gif

I had to post it up here, because my wife is duly unimpressed with the effort. lol. I did get a attaboy though when I mentioned how much money I'd saved.

Lordy, lordy that was priceless;)

Fun run of posts here. :drink:

Imma keep it simple- what is twattery? Like tom foolery, just generalized BS?

I mean I like it and all, just want to know.

let me just say that I am constantly impressed at how good you guys are at fixing your own stuff, and I WAS thinking that before squish lamented on the apparent lack of appreciation for his efforts!

A pic of the carnage imparted on the old mount. It wasn't a day for a whole lot of photos.

IMG_1648.jpg
IMG_1649.jpg

A thousand dollar+ parts bill was a huge motivator for dragging torch and bottles through thigh deep snow. Lol.

I grew up with my best buds parents owning a auto wrecker. Ironically my still same best friend who was driving the truck at the time. I saved the day wrecker style. I can't help but feel my buds dad would be proud. He taught me a lot about wrenching and value in old spare parts.

Some of the best things we do and no one is around to see it. Gotta give ourselves an attaboy sometimes..nobody else will.:D

That job sounds like certain big nastys that you may be taking down- they really suck while you're doing them but when you are done, you feel like a million $

Back