How'd it go today?

Got the snow blower belt changed, cleaned up the carb, needs and oil change, but it runs.

FFS the editing software I thought would work for filling out the court forms isn't working, now I have to go out and buy a damn program. Took a couple hours just to get the printer driver downloaded and working. I have about 6 forms to fill out, to get sworn, make copies, serve, file with court.Time is running out with holidays and deadlines prior to court event. Already 6 hours into it. :(

Killed my old trailer ramps with our excavator. So I made some new ones. The one on the left doesn't fit in it's slot on the trailer . Ticked...they are to heavy to have to tote around. May have to do a little grinding to get it to go. I hope anyway.
23c244ffeef99da1fda6dbe1005d7351.jpg

I showed up to the job and 12 big rigs of asphalt are lined up...with no parking signs down the block for the week...

I was like...What?..

We park the truck but gotta move it later... the HO keeps insisting everything is fine...

I unload tools... set a line in this 80 foot for and I go back out front.. the lead dude is fuming... I say.. am I in the way? Should u reschedule? He's like you should have already been towed bug this white guy HO is making waves...

I pulled my gear and left... rescheduled for a month out... the guy gave me 40 bucks... I gave it to the employee.

We dumped and now I'm sitting in the backyard going What Now??

I'd wash the truck and chipper but that just makes the spray paint stick better... :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

There's a thought! In high tagging areas, just spray Pam on the spots they like, then wash it off on the ride home.

Don't feel bad Deva. I got skunked on a chimney job today too, turned into a free consultation, woulda liked even a $20 spot to soften the wasted time. It's just part of being in business.

S’right, all those days when you’re driving home with a fat ch?que thinking to yourself “this is too easy” are counterbalanced by those days where it’s all bollocks and you don’t make diddly.

Got called off due to road conditions. My roads were decent enough but what ever. It's my oldest daughter's birthday. Being home we allowed her to open gifts in the morning. I'm kinda thinking that I was a bit assholish for making her wait till 8:38am. She was born at 8:37. She had been staring at her presents for almost two hours though.

The log splitter and I became reacquainted today as well. Made a dimple in the pile

I have pretty easy peasy shop jobs, good paying, but I had frickin' court papers to generate. :(

Happy birthday to the little girl!

Well since everybody else had a crap day I might as well throw in my experience. Had a job today cutting down 3 camphor trees and chipping the brush, leaving the logs (construction site job). Gave him a price based on my day rate instead of bidding by the tree, rounded up slightly since it was all the way across town with toll roads and bad traffic both ways. Still a bargain price though.

Everything was fine until lunch time. We had already filled the chip truck so we went to dump and grab a bite about 12:30. Dumped first then got stuck in traffic trying to find somewhere to eat. I pulled an illegal U turn instead of waiting for 2 more traffic light cycles and pulled into a diner. FHP pulled in behind me 60 seconds later with the lights flashing. Older bull dyke cop, she ticketed me for an illegal U turn then proceeded to do a 'courtesy DOT safety check'. Wrote me up for not having a fire extinguisher and then my tail lights weren't working! They worked Saturday when I got hit in the accident, but they weren't working today. She wrote me up and put my truck Out Of Service meaning I was not allowed to drive it on a public road until it was fixed, or a minimum $2500 fine and impounding the truck if I got caught.

At this point I was not doing well. My blood sugar was bottoming out and I couldn't see without my reading glasses. Couldn't even read the ticket, never mind looking for bad fuses without a test light or any tools. Went inside for lunch. Called a tow truck and fiddled with the tail lights while we waited. Made more phone calls to the guy I was working for, etc. Keep in mind I'm 30 miles from home and 8 miles the opposite direction to the job with my bucket truck and chipper. About 3:30 we got the construction super on the phone and he was able to drive up to bring me back to the job and my bucket truck while Ron would wait for the tow truck. The super was also a licensed electrician and had a multi meter, and in about 5 minutes we found the problem and fixed it with $5 of bulbs and fuses from the NAPA a block away.

So then I called to cancel the tow truck but he was only 3-4 minutes away. I promised the dispatcher (and owner's wife) that I would gladly pay something for their time to drive out there but we wouldn't need a tow after all. Drove back to the job (in traffic) and then drove home (in rush hour traffic) and I just walked in at 5:30. We still need to go back and finish the job tomorrow instead of doing another job I had scheduled.

Tough day for sure Brian.
Most the time here, in our small town, they will let me slide on stuff like that. I get told, get to NAPA or the shop and fix it.
Yep. I got pulled one night last week with a tail light out (my operator smashed it with a limb). I had three rifles on the the passenger seat which started a hunting conversation. The deputy said it was just a courtesy stop make sure I knew the light was out, no warning, didn't even tell me to get it fixed.

Bad day Brian.

I got pulled over on Monday for a random breath test at 11AM. Can't believe it, that's the fourth time in about four years and all at just on 11AM.

I've had a tint strip on my truck windscreens for 25 years, never a problem but this time he said it's illegal. Didn't defect me though, just said to get rid of it.

Followed a drunk driver yesterday. They slid through an intersection off the road, backed into traffic, and then proceeded to weave off the road, across the yellow line repeatedly. Called the cops with their plate number and make. Probably didn't get caught.

Teeth care today.:(
The dentist opened my gum, and bored my jaw to insert two titanium implants. :cry:There are some better ways to pass the day.

Teeth care today.:(
The dentist opened my gum, and bored my jaw to insert two titanium implants. :cry:There are some better ways to pass the day.
Not fun for sure but recent advances in dentistry are amazing.
I had a crown that had fallen off re-cemented last week, the gums had grown nearly over the stump and had to be lazered off. I would not make a good cannibal. The odor and taste was pretty foul. The Dentist (whom my Dental Hygienist daughter works for) said he could have used the scalpel but with the laser there is no blood.

Back