How'd it go today?

Hi yall, been kinda dodging the online scene for a while. Between my nightmare job, the kids all going crazy cause I'm gone so much, and trying to hunt enough to keep myself sane it's been a Lil hard on the amount of time i get to spend online. Hopefully i can catch a break and catch up on my tree house reading. Hope everyone stays safe and keep warm

Brutal. Highest I've seen registered here is 104F...we quit at noon that day. What's the humidity like there?

We lost a mess of stuff on working out due to the Forum reset. Here is a reply to Cory about headstands/yoga that was trending:

Lol.

Gary, just wondering for the heck of it, for context or whatever: when was the last time you did a headstand. Just wondering how big a part of your health routines it is. Thanks.

Here you go, Cory...I taped this for you yesterday. This few minutes is extracted from a 15 minute series that I do of kneeling/lying yoga:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lk1KRkcM18Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well now. I would characterize that as f'g savage, plain and simple. Geez that was good. And the music put the vid over the top!

I would look like a drunken giraffe trying to do that.

It brought to mind some questions...

Would you do that workout after a day of tree work or would it me more likely on an off day?

You are in sensational shape for 64 years young. How much, if any, do you feel you have lost in your physical abilities since, say, the age of 40. And 50.

Have you ever had occasion to use your Bando in a self defense situation?

Great vid!

I'm running on borrowed time today. Plowed til late last night, slept only two hours(12:00-2:00am) and then plowed all morning again. I'm basically a pile of drool, but I just have the hardest time sleeping during the day. :whine:

We got 6-8"s yesterday and overnight. And it's still snowing right now. Winter is just hammering us this year.

A sleeping mask and a David Attenborough nature documentary are my go-to-sleep combo. I often have trouble winding down.

Would you do that workout after a day of tree work or would it me more likely on an off day?

You are in sensational shape for 64 years young. How much, if any, do you feel you have lost in your physical abilities since, say, the age of 40. And 50.

Have you ever had occasion to use your Bando in a self defense situation?

If it was a full-on day of treework I wouldn't do that normally. I do that when I go to the gym, about 3x per week.

Loss of physical abilities....I don't have the physical strength now that I had then...but then I trained for that. I could do 19 full pull ups, lots of real pushups...now I do about 6 pullups and a different style of pushups. I am not as strong but I move better than I did then.

I train differently now...for good functional base line strength and mostly for body agility and mobility. Thus the yoga routines.

Yeah, I've used Bando in SD before...the most satisfying use was choking a freak dude unconscious. I was intake counselor at a stress clinic and evaluating folks to determine if they were trying to score drugs or get help. We got onto him, called his hand and he freaked...tried to steal his medical record, tried to run down the hall...we had a very pregnant nurse that would have been in his way. He resisted my nice suggestion he not be stupid...the more he resisted the more my restraint turned into a choke. He was pretty much a dirt bag...very satisfying to have him go limp...took about 4-5 seconds and he was on the floor. The convulsions as he came to were a bit disconcerting but he deserved it.

The most important part of the Bando is it has been a framework/activity that I had to stay in good shape to be able to do. Occasionally the skills aspect comes into play. And I like having personal defense skills available if needed for me or mine.

Here is an example of some of the movements I am cultivating...this is a free-form drill I did yesterday while at the gym...a warm up for the "forms" work we do with the dha (sword).

<GLiframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qk_C6E5cBtc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back