How'd it go today?

Good luck around all the fires everybody!
Even being in a field surrounded by green you can get burnt out... by ember attack. I used to wonder about it seeing a burnt out tree in the middle of a greed paddock...until the first time I saw flying embers...scary. They get lodged in cracks and crevices around windows, doors porches gutters etc...smolder away the POOF, up she goes.

Worked eight days in a row this last week and a bit, and proper work too, the council job on the big elms, hired a cherry picker for five days, and have extended it twice! The repaired shoulder held out very well until yesterday afternoon when I could feel the fatigue setting in, taking it easy today (Sunday) then one more day in the CP and then a day off to go with Bob to a traffic management day course...got to have a certificate to set out road signs in Council areas.
I actually worked in the rain, and almost snow, never have I worn so many clothes to do tree work! Long johns under saw pants, two thermal shirts, hoodie, hi-viz thermal coat, beanie, neck buff, gloves, wooly socks...I have to say it beats working in the heat though (except the trip to the beach afterwards)

Sometimes it feels like you're half dead at the end of the day!
Here's a picture of the cold tree workers...we got loan of a Husky battery powered saw for the week...

Attachments

• DSC01869.jpg
    DSC01869.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 35
Squisher - Justin...I think you said you had some drones there that were making you skittish? Here is an idea for you:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mi3Ed-paCE4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Takes some serious fabbing skills.

I found the husky battery saw too heavy for me, especially using out of a cherry picker when you want to one-hand a lot of stuff to cut and throw. As you all know I'm kinda short so standing in the bucket the top rail is almost under my armpits, I stand on the edge a lot for a bit of extra height to be comfortable leaning out with the chainsaw.
The husky saw is way too heavy in the butt end (where the battery sits) to use comfortably. My 150t is balanced just right in comparison.
Also its longer than the 150t so it takes up more room and in my opinion is less manoeuvrable in tight quarters for pruning

On the plus side, it would be nice to be able just to press the throttle and go, instead of having to start and stop the 150 all the time
Bob used it on the ground for most of the time we had it and he really liked it, press and go and quiet.

Just not for me in a tree...unless perhaps it were a take down.

finished chemistry final....only had to make a 13 to make A....glad that shits over

one more final in pathophysiology....

like 13 as in score....lol

it was the A thing that throws canucks off

ended with overall average of 101! goodbye forever chemistry!

Back