How'd it go today?

Found my folks. I went up to their place and they were still gone. Went to town for supper!

As I was heading out of their yard they ambled up the road.

So they are safe. Of course that 8 dollar U joint Dad needed to get his generator going a couple years ago is still not in his posession. So no power for them tonight.

I am running my bigger welder to power the house Butch. Its not ideal, but it works. I have still not purchased a PTO type yet.

6 to 8 inches of heavy wet snow right now and 35 mile winds yet. Cattle scattered to the hills.

Be an interesting day tomorrow.

This new fiber optic system we have kind of sucks in a way. With the old copper phone lines we could make all the calls we wanted with a rotary phone.

Now you can make calls only as long as the battery in the fiber box keeps its charge. Cell phones are still working.

I do now. With my generator going the fiber optics battery and box have power....so my phone and internet work.

When I shut down the generator in a little while every thing will be dead again.

Cell phone still barely works, but we dont have any mobile data out here because our coverage is so poor.

Squisher, The horse that I ride is 25yrs old and called Syd. One day if I can afford acerage I would like to go semi off grid and have a few horses, Drafts/Clydesdale, Fresian and a few other breeds.

Thanks Sean

I ordered from Discountramps.com.

10K per axle ramps. Not for weight, but for length, and resulting grade. Aluminum, hook-end (got brackets welded on trucks), one-person manageable. Like anything else, rolling them two at a time (like on an AT or handtruck) is easier than carrying them, individually. The machine can carry them with a chain for more lengthy distances.

A bit over $1000, shipped,don't remember how much. Maybe 1200.

Why do you need electricity to flush?

Do you have a back-up generator?

How much does a bushel of snow go for nowadays?

Without our well pump running we have no water in the toilet.

Yes, I have a cheap 8750/6500 generator. I could use it if I had to. Really want a PTO machine, but they are expensive.

Snow? Not sure. I could melt it and bottle some.....call it Conrad Glacier Water.

Haha, retarded cows! Can you say that... All joking aside, I feel for you Jim, a dry summer and now being pounded by snow. You can keep it because I'm not ready.

Back