How'd it go today?

:thumbup:

Had 5 stumps to grind in Port Dover this morning. Turned into 18. Glad I only had a shop day planned. I'm going to spoil my stumper to new teeth and air filter. Good day. I can use that once a week. :)

Peter, did you do a build thread on that stumper when you built it? Or if you could please post a few pics please. That machine sounds too cool, and i love homemade gear. Thanks man :)

Bought and sold a Johnsy 2171 Turbo today. Only had it for about 30 minutes, but it sounded awesome! haha

My buddy wanted it, and I didn't, at all need another 70cc horse in the barn. . .

Good Friday. Ordered a new set of teeth for the stumper wednesday from vermeer, got them thursday and installed them today. Also welded up a branch trolley for myself, need to gussy it up a bit, a little light duty for now.

20170414_130111.jpg

Bummer about the cow Jim.

Drove past the golf course today and noticed the garage door open, so called the bos to make sure it was him. it was.

Guess I start back to work (and the course opens) on Monday. :)

Didn't think we'd start before May 1 so that is a nice surprise.

Cool Peter. Some sort of wheel cover or basket might help.

Did you go to yellow jackets, or just more pocket teeth thru V?

I think she had hardware disease Butch. A cow eats little bits of metal and sometimes the metal perforates the gut. Typically they turn septic and go down hill really fast.

We could have forced a little magnet down her and tried to save her, but that usually does not work. Best to just stop the suffering.

Went to the big town to the south west again today. 140 miles from my place, but thats where all the parts are. Got some more Cat parts, air seeder parts, some 1.25 stress proof for making some pins, and some stuff for my lathe. My new plasma cutter came today too. A Hypertherm 45xp. Pretty excited to try it out tomorrow on my project.

Doing a lot of work on the air seeder. Bunch of bushings and pins are worn out. I have been welding up the pins and turning them down.....screw the parts man out of 60 bucks a pop.

Some of the brackets are worn out, so I will cut out larger holes and weld in bushings. I will part off 1/2 lengths of 2 in cold rolled and then bore them out to 1.25.

I might try to get some pictures tomorrow.

Back