How'd it go today?

Wow Stephen, just wow. . . Amazing place you live man. Sounds like lots of awesome cutting, dropping huge tops into the fog. . .

Never been there, but I sure do like it. 8)

Cheers.

Not real a wonderful day. Still feeling like crap. Checked on the net and found the fiddle tracks I worked on for four days weren't accepted. Then get a call cancelling me for a show I had booked to play.

That's enough of this being awake...think I'll lay back down again.

Sorry to hear that! Hope you feel better. Rest is the ticket.

Jim, if you ever get a chance, check out Jim Cirillo's "Tales of the Stakeout Squad". It's just crazy what those guys used to do. . .

Crazy conditions Stephen. Stay safe man. I hate to think of all those dead trees and saturated ground. Let alone poor visibility and a freaking bear!

Damn Dave. I hope you feel better and better things await you.

Here are some frozen trees from the freezing fog this morning. Fog had receded some and the sun came out.
My job got canceled today and one of my help got sick. So I met with the clients I need to focus on and watched the guys pull logs off mine tailings. No bear sightings today though :/:

Attachments

• tmp_9289-20170116_082812-127747758.jpg
    tmp_9289-20170116_082812-127747758.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 48
Crazy story, Stephen. Crazy too how the beast flew out through the rough terrain despite the broken leg.

Deer with broken legs I tend to believe would survive, in general. You or anyone have any guesses as to the likelihood of the bear surviving?

I bet he won't survive. If left to the wild maybe. But a dead bear was recently found nearby with buck shot and a bullet in him. Human won. We usually do. Probably raiding some chickens judging by the feathers in his coat. Shot and run off to die.
I was amazed him climbing as well as he did. Those rear legs are powerful.

Looked at 5 tree this morning, got the go ahead on of 4 them. Two are monster for me walnuts, doable, if I have good help. We have it left as a clearing for a garden, and if the HO supplied ground help can work out, then it will be a removal. A few jobs in the shop, nothing big.

Then I get a call, a friend of my parents passed away last thursday, no family, turns out I'm his executor. Off to lawyers office this afternoon and funeral home tomorrow morning. Hope I can do a good job for him.

Turns out handling the estate will be a mess. Someone else has claimed they should be the executor of the estate and think that I'm going to take all the money for myself. This fellow feels he is entitled to the 15% of the estate for some reason. The will has me listed as executor, and that I'm to get $1000. At any rate, the nursing home gave this fellow some ID and such, despite knowing he wasn't the executor. Hope I get the ID and such tomorrow morning as the guy promised. Hope he didn't drain the bank and left nothing for funeral expenses.:O

Built most of a 6' tall double gate, 12' wide, that encloses my yard.

I can lock my GF's husky in the yard, rather than tie him out. Dahlia can have play time outside, with less supervision.

$250 in material, and I had the fence boards, milled from a cedar.

Since I'm currently renting, it's barely tracked to the carport, and easily breaks down. Just fits the chip truck and f450 beneath it. IMG_20170118_175227634.jpg

Trim a few boards top and bottom, and call it good.

I think I'm going to use cedar to cover the outside of my F450 wooden box until I build a metal top for the service body.

More cedar is allocated to building Dahlia a play house...A project for another week.

Lookin' good!

Planned a funeral this morning, managed to track down a couple bank accounts and retirement savings for the person that had died. Sad really, the person who gave me grief over being the executor didn't show at the funeral home to help plan, despite his insistence that he was a close and dear friend. Also found out some valuable personal belongings (gold) are missing, but I did recover all his important ID and cards. Bank accounts are ok, but the withdrawls the POA claimed where the amounts of $100 a month was really $200 a month, spending cash for the now deceased..... yeah...ok....right..... Bank accounts are now frozen till I get a probate done securing me as the executor.

The gentleman was an old friend of my parents, and all his other friends who he had as executors died before him. Great experience if anything else.

Back