How'd it go today?

Is that a fancy new grappling hook for traversing?

I've been plowing so much her it's all become a blur. Last night I slept a full solid 12hrs. Unbelievable how well I deal with sleep deprivation but after a couple of weeks of 3-5hr sleeps it catches up and Ill end up pulling a 12hr shift of sleep like last night. Kinda still got that baseball bat to the head fogginess going on, but I'll chase that away with a obnoxious amount of morning.

Been doing a lot of recording/playing lately.

Woke up thinking it's morning, congratulating myself on being up before the Sun... glance at the clock while getting ready to make breakfast...eleven pm...talk about running a loose schedule...sheeesh

Lol Dave. Nice, taking the time to get lost in time.

Yep, for traversing, and whatever, work positioning too. Traversing with a rope walker setup is super easy, you can just swing down to wherever and trot back up the rope. . . Pretty neat toy anyways, not sure how practical it will be.

Skiing tonight, getting good fresh snow 8)

Glad you got some sleep Squish, you CAN only pull that off for so long. I enjoy plowing snow. . .

Cheers

Wow, Jim, you got hills!
Or have you been out playing with the D9 again.

Great picture.
Made me want to start the motorcycle and drive to Montana.
Wish they'd hurry up and get the transatlantic bridge buildt.

Yesterday I decided that since the roads were dry, I'd ignore the cold and ride the BMW the 40 miles to the dojo.
Turned out the battery was flat. So much for that idea.

Are y'all all slabbed out like that due to glacier activity?

If so do you find remnants of glacial scree?

Or is it like I read to Landon this week...all Paul's fault? (And that damn blue ox.)

Cool...Google is your friend. Gaiters are for scree...I use them for sawdust.

mis1958_0247.jpg

Today went well enough. Used the big white oak from yesterday as a gin pole for the dead red oak today. To far away for a straight rigging point, so I bombed it all big and we gin piled it out of the ravine to flat ground using the bucket truck as the winch. Worked out good. Still ahead of schedule.
Then we had the company Christmas party. That was going well until our two years of asplundth experience guy ran his mouth at my table, while I was sitting there, saying that I make what I make because I fly the 75 footer. I responded by saying that he was welcome to my pay when he can grow a pair and put on a saddle and spikes. And then I said I had to piss. He followed me almost to the door and decided better to not follow. He's gonna be in for a world of it tomorrow when he finds himself looking at a 120' white oak over the primaries tomorrow. What's that 75 footer gonna do for ya now bitch!
Sorry for the rant but I'm a bit agitated

He's gonna be in for a world of it tomorrow when he finds himself looking at a 120' white oak over the primaries tomorrow. What's that 75 footer gonna do for ya now bitch!

hahaha...remind me not to piss you off!!! A devious devil you are.:lol:

It's on my list to get done by the end of the week and I'm not working Saturday, so tomorrow is it. He won't even turn the key on my truck once he sees the work order.

Bit of a weird start to the day. We were supposed to start a logging job in the beginning of January, but this morning it was resceduled to late february, leaving me with a large hole in the calendar.
Pissed me off mightily, as it is really hard to find something to fill a big hole with on such short notice.

Then a few hours later I got a call from a State forester who had asked me earlier if we wanted to log for him this winter.
How soon could we start a 2500 cubic meter hardwood logging project?
So I asked if he was ok with beginning of january.
That made both of us happy.

Huge job, I'll most likely have to rescedule some other stuff.

Then we quit early to go home, have a cup of coffee and some x-mas cookies and wish each other a happy whatever it is we celebrate.

Richard and I sure made the apprentice, Mathias, real happy.
First we told him that we had decided that he was now so productive at logging, that from now on he'll be getting an extra $10/hr as bonus.
Honestly, we were making too much money off of him, bout time he gets to keep some of it for himself.

Then, just as he had digested that, we told him that if he wanted to, he could stay hired after his apprenticeship is over.

He really hadn't seen that one coming. It was fun to watch.
Got all red faced and happy.

So someone will be having a happy holiday, I guess:)

Rant, Rich, rant.

Blowing off steam is good.

Sometimes people need to be solidly knocked down to where they can put the money where their mouth is.

Back