How'd it go today?

Look good to me. What is she wearing??

Had 3 custys stop by the shop for tree work, I have some quoting to do this weekend.

A guy who wants to buy my tandem trailer works at a scrap yard, and says he has a rad for me. Hope that deal works out. That leaves me stressed out to find out what is next.

Played a great gig tonight. Pair of fiddles, pair of guitars and yours truly on Bass. Awesome music and was home by Ten.

Snuck out in the dark when I got home and blew a bunch of leaves across the road:/:

Blowing leaves across the road.... Across from my shop is a small woods belonging to the hot spring hotel. If anyone were to ask me why I dump my leaves there, I'd point out the nice flat level of ground and tell them that twenty years ago it was a useless gulley. Environmental upgrading. :D

:lol: Weren't too many...just what was in the road already and between the road and my hedge. I just went the direction the wind was already going...;)

"Whatcha mean about mindset?"

Hey I'm no animal scientist expert but I suspect that the porcupine is as unhappy about being run down by a combine as your dog would be. No doubt they both seek to survive such an event by running and evading the combine as possible. Being a wild animal, maybe the porcupine doesn't feel dread or terror about facing down a combine like a human would or most dogs would imo, but, idk, just doesn't seem right to run down any mammal on purpose.

There aren't many porcupines around here that I know of even though the trees are thicker than hair on a dog's arse. I would dig seeing one.

All living things- plants, animals, insects etc. desire more life.:)

Haha! I'll keep it in mind. I'd like to get the old one rebuilt but all the rad shops in my area closed up. Hope monday is a nice day to change the rad. Looks straight forward.

Traded my trailer that's been sitting for 3 years for the rad and enough cash to get stickers for the f350. And met a guy who works at a wreckers that has a few trucks like mine. :)

I just put one in my 93. Kinda pissed off that it was a plastic/aluminum radiator instead of the old copper ones.

Was lighter.

They are really easy to change, four bolts is all that hold them onto the radiator support. Upper and lower hoses, overflow, trans lines if you have them. The shroud can be unbolted and moved away from the rad that you dont need to remove it.

Then just slip the old one out. Make sure that the rubber pads on the bottom are still there when you go back in.

Good luck!

Thats right Stephen, good thing you mentioned that.

I have one that I always forget when I go to do the job, and end up using a pry bar and a big crescent.

If you get in a pickle Peter and cant find or rent one, I could send you mine or at least measure it up so you can make your own.

That's the truth Gary! Thanks Jim, I could probably use the measurements. Quick glance could I not change the rad without removing the fan?

Again, thanks, a very generous offer.

I guess it would depend on how close it is.

The rads slide straight up and down, if you think you have enough room you probably do. I have a spacer and extra belts so I have to remove the fan usually.

Mainly because of blade flex and the fact that the fan is embedded into the core........

Cleared regrowth today on a cedar for a TV antennae. Most I've done in the past with TV antennaes has been removing non-functioning ones. Same job as the maple/ cedar combo.All chipping done on that job. Going to rope and drop drop chunks off those spars tomorrow. No bucking. Got the chipper and mini-loader moved out.

Got to get ramp hanging mounts and tie-downs points welded into the F450 bed for the mini, fix some trailer lights, and tension the stump grinder belts...then I'll feel pretty caught up.

Got the timing adjusted on my F600. Running strong. Now just have to deal with exhaust work.

My exhaust pipe cracked on my mini...FFS! The engine came loose, again...FFS!

I splinted the exhaust pipe with a coke can, a half dozed 16 penny nails, and hose clamps to protect everthing from the exhaust heat, as the break is right under the controls. Got the chipper and loader out of the customer's front yard before Thanksgiving!

Back