How'd it go today?

Trache suction...if it's like what I saw about 25 years ago at a nursing home it's rough...hard to watch...and hard to get used to seeing what is being sucked out. Maybe it's a "cleaner" procedure now.

The man I saw was a stroke victim, could not swallow; can't remember why he had a tracheostomy.

tree service raleigh nc.jpg
Took down this 100 footer for an older client. Her budget was what we normally charge to remove a crepe myrtle, but its not all about the money, so me and one of my guys took it down for her. She was happy to say the least.

It’s a good thing and a good feeling to help people that can really use the help. Are you Kenny’s Tree Removal? I think I found you on instagram, private account. Nice pic too.

Yesterday I went to bid a couple jobs and ended up falling a tree for some nice folks. It was an easy lay in the back yard and it turns out the tree had honey bees in the stump. It was cold so they weren’t flying, thank goodness. We agreed on $150 to put it on the ground, no cleanup. These people run a non profit cancer fundraiser so I told them to put the money towards that. Oh and a bee keeper will be there today to rescue the bees. I meant to take a couple pictures and forgot.

Hey Shawn, I completely agree, the feeling is amazing. And yes I'm on IG under Kenny's Tree Removal, I just approved your request.

Today is going decent. Another training day. We got pulled off before we could finish though. A phone call told us to go pee in a cup. Actually he was reminding us because we all forgot.

Aye, thats about 50 loads here, depending on the timber, and how accurate the metric conversion is. If its decent stuff two guys can cut that in 3 days here, if all we have to do is fall it, maybe buck some of the bigger ones.

Cut some nasty maples on my strip today.

Second picture of yoder yarding logs on right, dangle head processor middle, and shovel.

Attachments

• 20180119_120509.jpg
    20180119_120509.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 20180119_120521.jpg
    20180119_120521.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 33
Good day today. TGIF.

D hid her lunch box when I went to the truck to take some stuff out this morning. Stalling going to school. Once in the truck, easy peasy.

Bid a job. Visited a site for a job I bid a year ago for a repeat customer. Did a bit of prep work on the site. Custy wanted to know if it was going to be harder with a pile of excess soil right in the tiny drop zone.:whine: I'll move it with the mini for him.

Good to get up off the ground for a little line setting prep and scoping the integrity of the tops. Wanted a bit of exercise today.
4 maples wedged together. Luckily its on a slope, above the propane tank, and the maple tops are dying. Something about lots of decay in the butts. There is a big, big fir near that can serve as a high rigging point and TIP if needed, so there's always an out.

So why did they switch from a bronze bushing to a ball bearing for pilot bearings? I can't remember ever having trouble with a bushing. Ball bearing, yes.

There's endless schools of thoughts around pilot bearings/bushings. My pilot is a oversized needle bearing and is reportedly quite durable. Mixed reviews i read about bronze bushings and ball bearing pilots. I think the real culprit is input shafts/bearings and condition of the tranny. A worn tranny is going to take out pilots, no matter what flavour I think. I hope my tranny is stilll tight enough. I could discern slop in it but very little it seemed. Never had any shifting or gear popping or any trouble with the trsnnny.

I've learned a bunch going through this. Anyways it's all together and shifting smooth as silk. Might be plowing with it at 2am, sanding for sure at the least it looks like. Just in the nick of time.

Took us about six hours today with my buddy who's a solid wrench helping me. Had to cut the old sleeve off the input shaft. Turns out it had been repaired once already. Also figured out the old flywheel was single mass, it'd already been switched out. It was a bit chewed and not a 'luk' one that the clutch paperwork claims was needed anyways. So it wasn't a dual mass I was feeling coming apart just the pressure plate coming apart. Also my input shaft repair kit didn't include a sleeve to oversize the plastic clutch centering tool so I magyvered it with some black tape. Seems to have worked. Besides that it all went together pretty easy really.

Ha! I had to fess up. Lol. I thought it looked like there was a separation and two pieces. When I pulled it off there wasn't.

Guess im going to crane man inc’s thing this year. Sent a link to my boss saying I’d like to attend but I’d have to forgo something else. He said he’d cover both. First time in a while I haven’t thought about quitting. I’m sure there will be some stipulations but I’ll take it. Saves me a grand for now. Also showing he’s willing to invest in his employees beyond the required stuff. The other is a crash course plus the cost of the ISA exam. Both make me more valuable. Also in the right order. Pass my exam and I only need 9 more credits after this course to have my hours for the next three years.

There's endless schools of thoughts around pilot bearings/bushings. My pilot is a oversized needle bearing and is reportedly quite durable. Mixed reviews i read about bronze bushings and ball bearing pilots. I think the real culprit is input shafts/bearings and condition of the tranny. A worn tranny is going to take out pilots, no matter what flavour I think. I hope my tranny is stilll tight enough. I could discern slop in it but very little it seemed. Never had any shifting or gear popping or any trouble with the trsnnny.

We have a JD tractor with a loader on it. A lot of clutch use. Disc holds up well, but pilot bearing seizes up and ruins input and flywheel. JD shop glued it in flywheel with loctite. Nice job boys. Last job they got.

I had a bushing made for the flywheel and a new input shaft. Many more years of service. It is a ball bearing and should be oversized needle.

They had a wimpy needle bearing on a bellcrank on steering linkage on the same tractor. Had the housing bored out and replaced it with oversized. Never had any more trouble. Sometimes engineers are looking more at cost than durability.

Back