How'd it go today?

How much does the pinto help by cutting drag? Most is at the trunk. Every bit helps...and sometimes it's critical.

Fwiw to anyone, for SRT trunk-choke anchors in general, especially around larger stems...

"Polishing" the bark with the rope positioned and pulled at the same orientation that it will be pulled from on the ground can help, I've found. Just descend a bit and lanyard in, then slide your climb line back and forth (working the choke "open" and "closed". Way easier to start the rope moving from the ground with the rough bark pre-smoothed.

Keeping your choke as "loose" as possibly (doesn't want to come any tighter by hanging on it a few feet or more below the choke) makes much better retrieval. Don't maximize the choke, just because you can.

It basically is a bailout hook Jim. The literature even shows it being used in industrial environments for, I guess work positioning. . .

The pinto does smooth things out a bit, easier to set up mid-line too.

Thanks for the well wishes. I can't recall the last time I was ill. I'm sleeping lots and looks like I should have the day off tomorrow I think. Unfortunately the way I'm set up for plowing there is no option of sitting it out. So I do feel kind of nervous about getting any sicker. I was pretty well running on full autopilot this morning. Not safe.

So I'm still sick. Been getting worse. The kid got sick in the middle of the night too. Not fun times around the squisher household.

I guess score one for the flu shot crowd as I never get one and usually fair fine. Not this year though.

I may have to pick a new holiday. Last year I was audited over the holidays. This year the flu. Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something.

I hold strong, knowing it could always be worse and this too will pass.

Hope you get well soon.

I've got the chills and sore throat over here. Not much rush in the shop. Only have quotes to give for about 5 trees, but they are set up for next week. I do have a few motors and machining jobs done, just waiting for custys to pick up. Set up some helmet cams mounts. "Kids" are buying homes and they like to see action videos, so hopefully it will pay off in getting some jobs..... or make a good fail compilation.

Had my familie's Christmas get together two days ago at my brother's place, my GF started to have a bad headache, vomit and the shits, so I took her back to my place in Brantford. By the time I got back to my brother's my Dad stormed off angry at them for some reason. Checked in on my Dad yesterday before heading off to the GF's in Waterford for the night. He was alright, but didn't talk about what happened.

I usually pick up odds and ends in Brantford for my GF in Waterford. It's strange, between 3 or 4 items at the grocery store between our places I can save sometimes over $20 buying it here in Brantford.

Everyone has had it here too. Lungs and stomach.
I been fighting one for two weeks, but I think I am winning this round.
Hope everyone feels better soon. This shit sux when you are trying to work and keep a schedule.
Booked till friggen May. I can't loose too many days...

I stopped answering the phone :/:
My bad .....
Seriously, if I book too far out, I get too many cancellations.
Katy tells them how far out we are and they still want an estimate. I bet it is more comparing notes. Catch 22. Because you really don't want the rep of not returning calls either.

Better than not returning is just changing your message up to let people know possibly how far out you are.

I know the exact feeling you're having. I'd get upwards of two months out and not feel like returning calls either. It's tough.

It has got to the point of not even being able to pencil in estimates. I just tell them, I will call them when I am working an area. They are just too spread out. I have to put my family first or they will never see me.

Back