How'd it go today?

Well the relentless winter continues here. I am loving it but the plow customers are not.

Just a reminder to everyone Valentines Day tomorrow. Don't forget!

Lol, as I looked at that pic I thought, "jim better change his sig". Well, you did tell us and it sure is there.

It was that spot without the fence posts, wasn't it? Not laughing at you Jim.

I was informed about a bent trailer axle today (well AFTER we left the shop with the mini IN the trailer) while at the fuel station. Just came to their minds I guess......

Falling large beech trees in nice weather.

We work near Copenhagen, so occasionally we get accosted by people who feel that felling the trees is wrong or evil.
Gets a bit old after a while.
Today as I was packing up to go home, this old ( 80es, maybe 90) man came walking along the forest road.
When he came up to me, I could tell, he had something to say.
I was thinking, not again , when the guy said: " Really nice trees, these. You guys must be making out pretty well ".

Not what I expected at all.
Turned out he had been a tree faller, after WW2, in the days of axes and whipsaws.

I got home late, because I stayed for about an hour and talked with him about logging then and now.

I pruned a topped magnolia to start the day.

Then pollarded a catalpa, originally just topped, but then maintained by the old guy year after year with a ladder and some free climbing, until last year.

Oh, then pruned some off a large topped cherry.

Yesterday, pruned two, repeatedly rounded-over maples, and two hard topped flowering plums.

Love cleaning up after people's low-quality work. :lol::|:

I used to find it frustrating working on previously hacked trees. Good on yah for giving them some care Sean.

We are in for yet another big snowfall. 6 to 12" is supposed to roll in starting early tomorrow morning. So once again no rest for the wicked.....or me either!

Is it getting difficult to find places to push all this snow?

Very much so in some cases. On some contracts the snow piles get hauled. I sub that work out to a neighbour/excavation company. The bills get big fast on haulaways.

Back