How'd it go today?

So, Jim...
How exactly do you feel about cows? Do you like them? Love them? Ambivalent towards them? You tend to hide your feelings about them, it's hard to tell.

I was quizzed by a couple of crunchy hippies about what happens to the calves in our hutches. I said they were dairy replacements. Then they wanted to know what happened when they stop producing. I said somebody eats them.:O:lol: Did they think they went to a cow rescue facility for adoption?:lol:

That's rough, Stephen.

Dahlia's 'Birthday twin' (different midwife, 5 hours apart) has febrile seizures. Keeps her mom concerned. She's D's good friend.

Sounds like kids grow out of it. Hopefully.

Dahlia got a bunch of use out of the kid's harness that started as Haley's, and moved to Stephen's family before D. We visited friends this week. I set up a giant swing, and the 4 and 5 year old kids also climbed a 30' maple.

That's rough, Stephen.

Dahlia's 'Birthday twin' (different midwife, 5 hours apart) has febrile seizures. Keeps her mom concerned. She's D's good friend.

Sounds like kids grow out of it. Hopefully.

Dahlia got a bunch of use out of the kid's harness that started as Haley's, and moved to Stephen's family before D. We visited friends this week. I set up a giant swing, and the 4 and 5 year old kids also climbed a 30' maple.

First seizure she had, I was home alone with her while Katy was at work. Man the feeling that runs through you while you watch your baby child shake, breathing off, skin mottled. A holy Shit moment for certain. Cooled her down while Katy ran home and we took her to the hospital.
Hot days can cause it too. She does not sweat a lot, so her body won't cool down right. It is getting better with age, but still, vigilant.

I am happy she is getting use of that harness. Told Darin I sent it to you and I am pretty sure he was real good with that :)

...I feel guilty for getting mad about it but hell, I do 50-60 hours for some one else while trying to build my name so I can be an employer not an employee, and he acts like I spend my time f-ing off...

I can relate, Rich. Since I am "retired", my dad thinks I have all the time in the world and I tend to be indignant and "put upon" when he doesn't seem to realize it... but it's worse for me because I certainly don't do 50-60 hours a week, although my own place requires upkeep time especially in the summer and I am trying to gear up and find a niche for self-employment.

Haha it's not like when he retired a while back, although he stays busy it has been like an extended vacation for him :)

I will try to be a better and a grateful son. We will not have our fathers here with us forever.

Heading out camping for a couple of nights today. Should be fun, besides the three teenage girls that will be with us. :whine:

I'm packing the essentials. Beer and bullets.

Just shoot them if they get too noisy.

The logging job went to hell.
We've had about ½ years worth of rain in one week here, and the terrain was difficult for forwarding even when dry.
So we gave up on it. We could fall it , but it sure wouldn't be fun and as for getting the wood out, forget it.
We'll be back to do it some other time when it dries up, and most certainly didn't need the work right now, so no big deal.

Got to walk the woods with the forester and the owner, feeling each other out a bit.
Chemistry was fine between us, so I foresee that we'll be working there a lot in the furure.
We called it off by common agreement and they right away told us they'd pay for our day going to waste.

I couldn't believe the size of those ash trees.
I've hardly ever seen them so big, and never in such numbers.
Something to look forward to.

Stig is there a tick problem in your area like we have here?

Im not familiar with the Ash in your parts, stig, but I imagine that it must be some good workable wood. I needed some Ash for chair backs bending wood once, it came to me in California out of Pennsylvania. It was great stuff, few imperfections and very wide slabs. The Hardwoods company that sent it did me well.

Stig is there a tick problem in your area like we have here?

Terribly!

The warmer weather and the rise in population of Roe deer after the foxes got nearly killed off by a mange epidemi are supposed to be the cause.

Fortunately for me, ticks don't seem to like that weak, vegetarian pinko blood that I have, so I seldom get them.

Even so, I've had Borrelia ( Lyme disease) twice and am currently monitoring a bite in my belly button for signs of it.

Im not familiar with the Ash in your parts, stig, but I imagine that it must be some good workable wood. I needed some Ash for chair backs bending wood once, it came to me in California out of Pennsylvania. It was great stuff, few imperfections and very wide slabs. The Hardwoods company that sent it did me well.

I've done a lot of turning work in it, works great for that.

These logs will most likely go to Asia,since we have been asked to buck to shipping container length.
China or Vietnam are the biggest buyers right now.

Interesting going on's going on's out there!

I gound a couple stumps in Scotland. Hacked and topped some spruces and cedars surrounding an elderly lady's pool. She asked if a cheque was ok for payment, sure, I said. I've done work for her in the past, But I sensed she was trying to draw me in her house..... she mentioned how it was too hot for clothes..... :(

I waited outside.

Back