How'd it go today?

Good people?

Or like anywhere else- some good, some not?

5 bars?? Do you mean restaurants that serve booze too?

5 bars for 1200 peeps sounds radical

Yeah, mostly good people. Some bad apples, but with everyone knowing everyone there is not much chance to harm anyone, legally or physically. Plus, you have to figure that everyone is armed, so it tempers the nonsense a bit.

There are some folk you dont do business with, but you still say hello when you see them.

Its kind of funny, when my inlaws come to visit they are a little put off by all the waving that goes on. Very seldom does someone get a new car or pickup, so we wave at the outfits we recognize, doesn't really matter who is driving. When they drive one of my outfits to town they dont understand why everyone waves.

Its not a bad place. Pretty much just like you might remember from the 50's. Kids riding around on bikes all over hell. Parades, 4H, FFA, dressed up on Sunday's, getting pissed off if your pie brought less money than the other old woman's at the bake sale.

Two of those bars have a restaurants, but one is never open as the bar tender is too busy throwing darts and serving a beer once in a while to cook a meal.

We dont have a "pub" culture up here, just a drinking culture.

Most places up here that serve booze dont serve food, maybe snacks or a frozen pizza.

Most times you just go drinking and eat at home. We dont like bars with windows, or lights or TV's. We like foot rails, and stools. No seats with backs on them.

We dont like Internet Jukeboxes either.

Its not a bad place. Pretty much just like you might remember from the 50's. Kids riding around on bikes all over hell. Parades, 4H, FFA, dressed up on Sunday's, getting pissed off if your pie brought less money than the other old woman's at the bake sale.

Most times you just go drinking and eat at home. We dont like bars with windows, or lights or TV's. We like foot rails, and stools. No seats with backs on them.

We dont like Internet Jukeboxes either.

You've a way with words.

yeah like I suspected, Chinook is hardcore. I mean, they better be with that name. Can you imagine Chinook Montana being a place filled with, idk, yuppies? Nah.

You are the honey badger of tree work! Snow and cold? Sam dont give a shit!

Installed some inline resistors on the LED tail lights on the 93 Ford pickup. Solved the hard shift problem, ABS problem, and the converter lock up problem. Like driving a new pickup.

Put a new upper steering column bearing, alignment ring and spacer in the old girl too.

I have never understood the idea of being "nickled and dimed" to death. I have permanent tags, cheep insurance, and no payment!

Thats awesome Jim, and I agree. As long as the frame isn't broke I'll probably try and fix it. . . Hell, even then.

Only reason I was in that tree (In addition to it's horribly rotten condition) was the lake was super calm today. Almost no wind. You could see the ice pack moving in. It made lots of noise once it hit the pack ice. . .

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4pZLGWg5diQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GoPro battery called it quits after about 25 minutes. . . haha. Cold.

Sam.....Good show on the setup there. You are a grappling mofo! SpecOps is gonna be asking you to teach them how to use grappling hooks!

Serious work ethic there to be doing that in the cold and snow.

Hey um, just saying, 1/3 of the usa tuned into the super bowl, lotsa knowledgable sports folks calling it the greatest game of all time given that it had The greatest comeback of all time.

What the Hey, are Sports the Achilles Heel of the otherwise supremely awesome Tree Housers?? :whine:

Thanks Peter. Sorry the camera died before anything cool happened. . . haha

No way Cory! I was super excited to see that. Belichick and Brady are stone cold football assassins. Never once did either of them look the least bit flustered. Once Brady started getting a few seconds in the pocket, those drives were clockwork. Best Super Bowl ever!!

Yeah, it was a pretty mind blowing finish.

I didn't rule them out at halftime, pats are all about making adjustments. But come on, that was incredible.

Back