How'd it go today?

Geeze, that was cool Gary!

I would have cut my head off 5 seconds into that. I would need a wooden sword.

What is going through your mind when you do that? Is your mind busy or are you peaceful?

haha...that's a great question. I am having a latte' with the Dali Lama while I do that.;)

The sword movement has gotten beyond the thought phase so that's good. I need to focus more on the minor hand...some of the time it is supposed to be helping support the back...I can see it goes slack. The video will help me address finer points of good technique. It's kind of like good work positioning in treework. Sometimes it's only a few inches difference between straining a lot or finding the sweet spot where one can relax. With that drill I am looking for the relaxing sweet spot while in motion.:?

The mindset for me is more "non-focused" than busy. It's a good question. I'll pay more attention the next time I do it now that you asked.

Things had gone a bit quiet lately so the storm on Friday brought some welcome telephone calls.

Lots of this stuff, insurance work.

People seeing trees broken and fallen everywhere gets their rear ends twitchy as well, bringing more work.

Attachments

• IMG_1367.jpg
    IMG_1367.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 42
Good pic, Mick. Think of the force it took to do that!

That was a cool vid, Gary. I'm guessing you could hear the music live as you did that, and the previous vid you added the music?

Its cool how sometimes the sword moves around you and other times you move around the sword.

I dig this quote a lot: 'It's kind of like good work positioning in treework. Sometimes it's only a few inches difference between straining a lot or finding the sweet spot where one can relax.'

Yep...you got the music figured out...good discernment.

And good observation on movement. It was an epiphany of sorts one day when I realized I could move the sword around me or move the sword and remove from the space the sword then occupied. Body turn ClockWise or CCW makes for interesting sword positions...same applies to empty hand blocks.

The weapon trains the hand.

A solid week of rain here then a bit of wind uprooted lotsa trees too.

I have a theory that planted trees from containers go over far easier than natural trees from seed?

Jomo

Seems reasonable, up until some certain age. Eventually I would think their residency would be generally equal.

Im watching.

I was guessing you weren't, you don't seem like a sports guy

I loved her beginning up there in the rafters. And singing the patriotic song. And the air stunts. Her music isn't big with me but I dug her energy and not lip synching.

Im rooting for NE but hard to get wound up about anything yet cuz its a blow out so far.

Yeah the horizon in the background was crazy!

commercials are kinda quiet so far.

I brought this Japanese Maple in when it was freezing weather last year. Now it's snowing, things are starting to bud-burst a bit, and this is getting leafy. I just put in some fertilizer. Looking chlorotic. Time for repotting.

the one where the guy pushed his car off the cliff and his kid gave him crap for it was funny.

I'll agree. The game isn't great and the commercials aren't doing much better. Of course Christopher Walken has been a highlight tonight so far

Yeah he was good, along with john malkovich, that series is pretty good so far.

Seems reasonable, up until some certain age. Eventually I would think their residency would be generally equal.

Here locally my theory's born out by the natural seedlings at Torrey Pines State Park staying upright, despite being far more exposed to the wind. Whereas all the old container planted Torrey's in Sorrento Valley fall over after a good drenching and a bit of wind in a far more wind sheltered valley.

Not that surprising really that Mother Nature kicks the chit outta man made wannabes IMO.

Jomo

Pats made a game out of it. A td and 2 pt conversion will be insane. In commercial right now.

Back