How'd it go today?

Might be just fine.

Some engines run better a little retarded. Start better too.

Fun fact......Cummins used to have three timing modes. Fast normal and retarded.

A lot of times an application would call for retarded timing, but no one would set it there. Always go fast or normal.

Nobody liked the word "retarded"....or saying that there engine ran retarded timing.

So Cummins started calling it "slow" timing.

No problem after that.

I would just watch out for anything out of the ordinary.

Yeah Jim. It had a weaker, laboured rattle sound. Put the old flywheel back on to buy some time to figure out the keyseat.

The one thing I enjoy about the exhaustion of plow season. I slept a solid eleven and a half hours last night. Man do I feel great this morning!:)

Furry bastards! I plowed out a big walking trail for us besides our driveway.

I have a confession. I forgot tanky outside for a couple hours last night. I don't think he left the porch at all. I'll never know why he wandered off last week? One time(the only time) in nine years is odd?

I am on child watch detail for until Wednesday.

La Wife a is gone to the big town to the south for meetings. She took a Ranching For Profit class in January.

Now she is part of a continuing ed sort of thing.

We cleaned on the house and cooked dinner. Watched a movie and had Pop Tarts for desert.

The bananna cream pie I bought was still frozen. I love banana cream pie.

She has the numbers down for the farm this fall. Not looking nearly as bad as we thought earlier.

Nice thing about a dry year is that if you recognize it soon enough you can stop spending money. We saved 60,000 in expenses that way.

Did end up selling some cows however. Had 60 breed too soon. Bred for Feb instead of May.

I kind of gave her hell yesterday. I had been moping around the house for a week or so....pretty convinced we were going broke.

She knew we would at least make it through the year...but forgot to tell me!

Small detail!!! Just don't YOU make a similar mistake...well, if you do it that's a mistake. Since she did it, it is not a mistake.:D

She took a Ranching For Profit class in January.

That must be a theoretical course..;):P

I had been moping around the house for a week or so....pretty convinced we were going broke.

That same thing has happened a time or two to me. Always turns out that, no, not going broke, but not getting rich either!!

Back