How'd it go today?

Ouch Stig !!! Nice score Brian & interesting vid Jim - your place looks so flat.

Got soaked to the skin again today - don't mind as it is mild, but I was not happy, when the guy I was working for called it at 1pm. His guys had had enough. wtf - I had been wet since 8am & sometimes you just gotta get the job done.

I'm guessing you were in as a sub Pete? Pretty lame to call the day early if there's still work on the job. Espescially if you've been soaked all day? Weak sauce.

I have no problem calling off a work day if it's raining heavy. A light sprinkle is one thing but drenching, pouring rain is just miserable. I do this because I enjoy the work and if it's miserable then just go home and come back another day.

Jim...good stuff in those videos...thanks for the show.

Back in the mid 60's I spent a bit of time on my cousin's south GA farm. We helped with the hay...I remember he would say he had to "tett" the hay...this is similar to the tetter they had. They made square bales that were monstrous to me. I weighed 75 pounds...I realize now the bales were 75 pounds. I always wondered why I had trouble throwing them up on the trailer..."hauling hay" they called it. Hot, hard work.

a126433.jpg

That (and a crazy ex) weeded me out!

Why do you have to take organic? Is it a BSN kinda thing?

I was a sub Squish. No one likes working in the rain, but I have deadlines on jobs & I prefer to work on a warm rainy day for money than a nice one for free

Burnham, when I was a kid I used to go nuts from a half a day's tractor driving. Then after while I got a satellite radio. That helped pretty well.

Anymore I dont even listen to the radio. All day long I am trying to solve problems. My mind is whirring around all day long. Weather, prices, marketing, costs, plans, tactics, kids, family, life......you name it.

They say when you have a big decision to make or a problem to solve you should sleep on it. I dont sleep worth a shit.

I dont sleep on it.....I farm on it.

Lordy that was a classic post. :drink:

No one aces organic, lol!
first exam was a 102
no grade yet on second.......still waiting. probably hard to grade from all of the gall dang drawing. At least with organic all you need is to be able to count to 4
I am in the ABSN program at WCU

beginners luck! we will see about this second....much harder. The frickin anticipation is killing me. Taking a pathophysiology class a night ....which I enjoy. Two other online classes......Drinking from a fire hose so to speak!

Nice!

I've been having a slow trickle of chimneys this time of year which has been nice. But now a fellow I've known for years and years has offered me a job...............running the farm fence division of his fencing company. So I'm chewing that over a bit. Would still work with my plow stuff although he plows in the winter too and may want to make an offer on my plow business and have me work year round for him? A lot to digest really. I wonder if I'm actually employable? I wonder too what it'd be like to be in charge of a crew but not actually make the rules?

Flattering in a way, and I am slow right now with the chimney stuff. But by about mid august on I'll have all the soot I could ever want to sweep so I'm not sure. I may offer up to work for him from April to august? Would put a crimp in my horseback riding, kayaking and whatnot.

Stir crazy a bit. But It'd net more income than I'm seeing right now. I could probably handle the chimneys I've got coming this time of year as well as a full time gig. Just don't know if I want to lol. Honestly it's the fall I'm worried about. Full time chimneys is good money from late summer to early winter, plowing is fantastic money for the winter. I don't think I'll do it if he needs me through to the first snow.

"I wonder if I'm actually employable?"

Been thinking about that myself a bit lately. Answer was no, bit too long doing it my my.

Finished the last job I had here, on the way my clutch started playing up again. Had it checked last time, a few weeks ago and it was ok after that but took it to a truck shop I've been to before and it's stuffed.

Looks like about $2000. Can't complain about that really but money doesn't come in that easy these days.

Back