How'd it go today?

I had an interesting day went to a family reunion on my wife's step grandmother's side, knew no one, then to my buddies son's second birthday in Tosa, good time, and then headed to a new restaurant in town only to witness to a vehicle vs. pedestrian on the way, we went home instead, not much of an appetite after seeing that. The kid (teenager at a guess) was awake and responsive when I left after rescue showed. I think he will be ok in a few months.

I was hit by a pick-up when I was in the 2nd grade or so...

It tossed me into a ditch but didn't break anything... still, I was stoved up for a while.

You guys doing first responder jobs have a tough deal. I'm glad you can do it, because I never could.

Speaking of first responders, an acquaintance of mine was laid to rest today. I went to school with him, but he ended up in NYC not long after he graduated. He died of a brain tumor they say came from being exposed to all the crap at the WTC on 9/11. Only 43. RIP Rob.

When I worked at a gas station, a guy on a bike waiting at the light at the intersection right in front got run over from behind. The car must have slowed down because it didn't throw him ahead, just rolled right on top of him and his bike somehow. Judging by in how loud a voice he was complaining about it, I like to think that he came out of it not so bad.

Sorry to hear about your friend Dave.

I had a motorbike vs car incident a while back, basically T boned a car at 40 mph and went sailing over the bonnet. Got some serious air time plus a good slide down the road, it happened outside a hospital so that was pretty convenient. The first person that came to help was a priest, he said " I'm a priest but I don't think you really need a priest today" or something similar. So lucky all I had was a sprained ankle, plus it was technically my fault (speeding) but the car ended up being stolen and kept going so then by default they became the at fault party.

Yes Jim. He was 3 years older, so I didn't know him well in school, but got to know him after. How did you hear of him?

Sorry to hear about your friend Dave.

I had a motorbike vs car incident a while back, basically T boned a car at 40 mph and went sailing over the bonnet. Got some serious air time plus a good slide down the road, it happened outside a hospital so that was pretty convenient. The first person that came to help was a priest, he said " I'm a priest but I don't think you really need a priest today" or something similar. So lucky all I had was a sprained ankle, plus it was technically my fault (speeding) but the car ended up being stolen and kept going so then by default they became the at fault party.

Must have been a light bike if the car was able to keep going.

My bike mecanic rides a BMW like mine. He t-boned an old lady who pulled out ahead of him.
He said that he was amazed at the damage that BMW did to the car.

Big load but looks well balanced What length is your trailer?

14' Cory. Fully loaded is 2&1/2 cord give or take a couple of cubic feet. I'm still gonna have a couple of springs added to the truck with a lift to the front to level it out. All in good time. Springs, head ache rack fuel tank tool box , and finally off to line-x. Anybody interested in a back flip tonneau cover? I hate that thing. Tool box and open bed are more my style

Back