How'd it go today?

My bud had a house in Talahassee area. He, being from the north, put in a pump house to protect his pipes and pump. When you drive around all the locals have exposed pipes. Every few years they are doing major repairs.

We put our pipes in 3 feet to 40 inches here in western NY. -18F is as cold as I remember here. That is about-28C.

We got blown out of the woods today.
A storm front with sleet rolled up, so around noon it got too dangerous to fall any more.
I was working a bit away from the other two, where a hill redirected the wind, so I could have gone on, but by the time Richard came to tell me they were quitting, I was so wet and cold, that I was more than happy to go home.
Then as I got home my best friend called from the hospital to tell me he had been diagnosed with cancer.
A crappy day altogether.

Sorry to hear it, Stig.

Just some flurries here. Been enough to freeze shallow pipes around here.

Employee doing shop work. Getting it really set up more functionally. Sorting stuff out. Changing light bulbs, greasing this and that.

Fugging cancer... all the countries in the world should agree to cut their military budgets in half and give it to medical research.

Stig and Pete, your posts just helped me to not miss tree work again. Brought back so many memories of fighting adverse weather conditions to accomplish something.

Got a message this morning that I had four bass tracks I did for a recording all accepted...sweet...now on to writing and cutting the fiddle tracks.

Water went down by four feet on my ditch project. In the mid 50's today so now it's mud asshole deep. Calling for two inches of rain tomorrow so it looks like a shop day. O joyous day

Bass on wid your Bad Self!

bass-player-08.2007-8.jpg

Sounds like a great deal Fid. Let the creativity flow, and get some reward from it!

My GF said people are buying these cookies. So with the softwoods I don't burn I've been cutting them up. Sell for between $2-$5 a piece. Since I have a fair amount of shop time, seems like it works. Bonus is that I get to have plenty of messages from young women talking about my wood. :)
Have a few wedding orders if you can believe it.

20170112_100343.jpg

You can definitely work that. You could stain them, too.

My GF's sister lives in a modern Seattle apartment building. Firewood rounds, sanded, polyurethane-ish finish. Fancy armchair side tables in the lobby. They did some decorative metal inset to make it more than a piece of wood. Probably paid at LEAST $200 per.

I think that flush cut limb butts would finish up into good rustic coat hangers on a finished live-edge slab. I need to set my ShopSmith up, now that I have adequate power. A lot of money to be made with waste. Save up pieces for holiday craft fairs.

Back