How'd it go today?

Sean,
Keep up with those exercises!
I had my right shoulder 'rebuilt' back in 2013. It was a mess; tendon tears which progressed to the point that two of them tore completely loose. The second one when I was assisting a younger fellow just starting out; I wouldn't let him do the hazardous part of a Silver Maple takedown. I had just gotten the risky portion below the power lines for him to take over and I gaffed out, and instinctively grabbed the rope from my TIP; loud snap and I couldn't lift my arm.
Surgery, PT, and building it back up from the atrophy and I have gotten back to about 98%.
I don't even think about it unless there's a big pressure drop with the change in weather.

Day after day and night of relentless cold here. -15 to -25c.

I'm so done with winter!

It's really starting to make me a bit miserable.

Cannot imagine that sort of cold.

Got a few days ahead of bright, cold, clear dry weather ahead. Ground is drying out a bit.

Time to get busy!

We are in for a few days of frost here as well.
Tomorrow we'll head down to the island M?N for two days of intensive beech falling.
They have a place for us to stay, so we'll just work, sleep, work.
Got enough daylight now for 12 hour days.

They've been mumbling about having us come down for some summer logging. Hope it pans out, the place is beautiful.

We'll be working in the forest on top of the chalk cliffs: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Møns_Klint

I have my window fan going sucking in fresh air, overcast outside. The AC days will be here soon...

I made my first speed-line in an horse chesnut. :rockon:
One co-leader was over the fence wall and the neighbor's roof, both covered by small terracotta tiles. I pruned this tree some years ago, so the limbs weren't that long, which helped for the clearance over the roof.
A good combination of high, free path and landing zone. I don't see that often.

A bit short as a travel, so the limbs didn't have much time to align themselves, but they landed nicely. The logs came faster though, the landing was more rough and I got two nice divots in the grass:D
It was funny to experiment that and I'm very pleased by the result.

:rockon:

images

Cool, Marc...get some pictures next time!!!!

Stig...chalk land looks very nice. Enjoy!

I took the two grandsons to our family farm Monday and Tuesday. My 12 year old made a video of the kite flying we did. The wind was sporadic and we finally got enough to do this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oAU6e0HSDKQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And here are both rapscallions....

Attachments

• Farm - Hayden-Landon kites dolls  (37)resized.jpg
    Farm - Hayden-Landon kites dolls (37)resized.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Farm - Hayden-Landon kites dolls  (39)resized.jpg
    Farm - Hayden-Landon kites dolls (39)resized.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Farm - Hayden-Landon kites dolls  (41)resized.jpg
    Farm - Hayden-Landon kites dolls (41)resized.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Farm - Hayden-Landon kites dolls  (43)resized.jpg
    Farm - Hayden-Landon kites dolls (43)resized.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 22
Hard to find a place where I live, too. But the Farm has those wide open areas...not like Jim, of course. He can land 747's up there.:D

I had that problem launching rockets. You REALLY need some wide open spaces for the big ones!

More snow, more freezing temps. Warmed up to about -15c overnight atleast. Better than nothing. But apparently quite a bit more snow again tomorrow. Crazy winter for here, it's knocking the crap out of my wood pile. Luckily I run a couple years ahead, because I'm dipping into what was supposed to be next years wood.

I was called off because of rain today. A bit irritating to say the least. I’m wearing sunglasses at the moment getting ready to do a test drive in my Tahoe. Tire place said I needed ball joints. I was all prepped for that but found no issues there. I did find a bad tie rod so replaced that and front brake pads instead. Still kinda agitated so I’m gonna go take it out on the woodpile for an hour or so

Back