How'd it go today?

Hey Jim, not sure if you know it but you can buy maf sensor cleaner. Spray it down really good and maybe that will fix it.

It is hard for people to fathom how that cold can be pleasant.
The wind is the make or break.

We finally got a bit of cold after all the rain.
Should even last the week out.

Today was so fine.
Snow, frozen ground and sunshine.

Went south on an emergency job, where someone got real sick and couldn't finish.
They had a forwarder working there, so really needed the last trees felled.
We fixed that in one day, and probably got a new client for doing it.

Had a mishap with a small plow account today. New account this year and didn't receive payment for December yet so my wife stopped in on her lunch break to 'touch base'. The guy didn't agree with two services in December said nothing was done and so that's why he didn't pay or contact us and let us plow still all of January. Much to the little ladies credit she got immediate payment for what he was going to pay for December January and even February and gave him the adios. That cheque is going straight from there to the bank and once it clears I'm tempted to stop in and speak a bit of my mind. Probably not a wise decision? But maybe nescessary for me to let it go. Lol.

It was a small gig and were talking a couple hundy, not a couple thousand so maybe I should just leave it be.

Ignorant though. I've been doing plowing near ten years now and have upwards of 20ish accounts but within two months of doing his place I somehow screwed up my recording? Despite having the dates, time, and depth of snowfall/condition all recorded chronologically?

Bahhh. Voices of reason!

I will. It's been a crazy plow season here and so I'm exhausted. And irritable. That's the lousy part about plowing is when it's hectic is when people should be thanking you. But instead they get huge bills so some get whiny and cheap instead of appreciative of the good service.

Well I get the last laugh now. Like I was controlling it myself the weather just changed from warming up to wait for it...more snow! I love it.

The only snowman I feel like making would be at the business of the fellow who burned me and it would be about 25' long and 3' deep. Right across the entrance. But. I'll just have to settle for un-plowed probably.

One of the places I plow there was a guy sleeping in a cardboard box this morning. That's a rough go being homeless around here in the winter.

I'm installing my first dynamic cable.in a big.oak...just dropped.the insert, so its now lunch break. How.long does.it.take.you guys to do one.cable, approx.30' from about 8' up to about 30'...doing this solo

Pic?

If you're using a shock absorber insert with Cobra, dish soap or KY can help, and will wash out.

8' to 30', is it supporting a smaller limb from a big limb?

Hard to say on time. an hour probably.

The only snowman I feel like making would be at the business of the fellow who burned me and it would be about 25' long and 3' deep. Right across the entrance. But. I'll just have to settle for un-plowed probably.

One of the places I plow there was a guy sleeping in a cardboard box this morning. That's a rough go being homeless around here in the winter.

If the guy had a small shovel, some knowledge, and motivation he could be well off in a snow cave.
If I was homeless, I'd have a snow cave, for sure.

It must of been something mellow. He seemed unresponsive for awhile. Even when another fellow wandered through and tried to talk to him or whatever. I'm in that lot for nearly two hours. Things like a pipe hitting cardboard box living junky are a highlight. Lol. The homeless, drug addicts, and prostitutes. It's a rough scene in that area of town at night. I mean it'd be rough for some. I don't pay it much kind. I have a real 'leave me alone' vibe going on. I just roll with it.

Had a steep access job today. Sorta big maple removal with ganoderma. Mini could do it, I wasn't sure. I could just get up the 30' long, 20 degree slope with brush piles, and put logs on the sides of the path from below, then drove the mini up and picked them up from above to not tear up the walking path. Fine gravel.

I thought I could run my capstan winch on my MS250 or MS 261, but they have the wrong-pitch spur-drive clutch drums, 0.325 instead of 0.375.
My MS361 is the tool for the job, but it needs a rebuild/ replacement.
Might do some high-lead log extraction on the trunk wood tomorrow. MS460 is bigger than should be used, so I'll just not pull too hard.

Had a climber in to work on it. Frustrating. Doesn't really understand bigger rigging. He's always worked for a rush, rush, cut it small, lots of grunts on the ground, or logging/ home site clearing type of clean up.
I set him up with a VT instead of a backward system that he uses to pass limbs (if not unclip-reclip on one flipline). He started really using the climbing system better, and digging it, after a few bumps in the road. He's mostly spurs and flipline, basic rigging. Does some self-lowering, but again, sorta sketchy when it's not just a telephone pole conifer. HOLD ON TIGHT!

Sent him some Arborpod video links. He is interested to learn. He's just been in a learning vacuum.

My apprentice smushed his finger feeding a log into the chipper today. Got him pretty good, split it open right at the tip. I taped it up and we finished cleaning up (we were almost done) and headed home. After we got home we cleaned it up a little better and I sent him home with extra bandages. Not quite bad enough to need stitches but close. He didn't want to go to the doctor anyway.

I pushed our last job of the day off until Thursday to give him a little time to heal up. We did discuss what happened and why it happened, and that the machine does not give one flying frig about him or his fingers.

Seen many of those split fingers from the chipper. Part of that situational awareness thing. Hopefully he learned not to place body parts in the hospital zone.
I had a decent day. The ground was frozen enough that cleanup was easy on three dead white pines. Nothing special. Spur and strip, flop a small top, and 8 footers on the way down. The customer, batshit crazy but very nice , just kept going on and on about how great of a job we were doing. She also kept inviting one of the groundies inside to warm up. He got heckled all day thanks to the SENA units.:lol:

Back