How'd it go today?

No snow here, it's a pretty warm winter (just a few days freezing at the beginning), but rain, rain and rain again. The rivers are vastly overflowing and still continue to rise. I think it's about the third (for now) biggest flood in 25 years I'm in my house. The river has still to rise about 25" to get the level back in 1993 (I think), but she's working on it : 8" more in one night friday.

Damn. Hope the flooding doesn't get to bad for you. We'll see lots of flooding in this area in the spring I think.

Bil up for lunch.

New lotus gt430

Attachments

• 2D26FD90-B19D-4E32-A496-F87063A77DAA.jpg
    2D26FD90-B19D-4E32-A496-F87063A77DAA.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 37707003-7247-4E62-A124-DCB29F55929A.jpg
    37707003-7247-4E62-A124-DCB29F55929A.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 35
What does your BIL do, since he can afford all those great cars.

That thing is the absolute complete opposite of American muscle cars.
And will, of course, blow the doors off of any of them on a twisty mountain road.

He has an estate agency countrywide.

Car mad (as you must have gathered) I guess his motto is ‘you can’t take it with you’

As for taking it for a spin, I’m indifferent to that sort of thing, show me a grab lorry and I’m tumescent.

I spent an hour replacing pads and rotors on my MIL?s ford exploder. It needed them a while ago. Get to the last one and the wheel bearing is and has been gone. They?re cheap bearings except she has been driving n it for a while and thrashed the whole damn assembly. I guess I?m floating her the money for the part just so it?s out of my garage and safe to drive:X. Can?t get the part till Tuesday so she?s driving my Tahoe that I noticed needs the ball joints done. I can?t have one day to just relax

I feel you Rich.... 1600.00 into the front end of Katy's car on one visit. Seems no one really re replaced what they should have after an accident. Tree fell in the road.
Just really starting to enjoy my 4X4 after a new tranny and fixing the hubs and a brake job. Hit and run in a Parking lot, then a deer hit on the other side. Hit a pot hole and took out two wheels the same day on the dump trailer. So almost get all that resolved, go out today, wont start. Looks like because the door got hit, it did not close all the way night before last and ....dead battery. Hoping anyway. While I am checking connections, the coil wire is all arced out and rotten :? Funny, was not like that a few days ago. :?
Oh well... What next.

Funny. Last night I said I was gonna drink heavily and “replace” her brakes. Now she wants me to put it back together and she will drive it till she can afford the parts. I can’t in good conscience do that. With my luck she’d get into a wreck and kill a bus load of nuns or something. Bad karma.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Mick you're a mellower dude than me. I'd bounce that sucker off the rev limiter and split my face open from smiling so wide.

Cable broke on the feed pickup today.

Along with the clutch and transmission.....

Transmission is out of the dually.

Other feed pickup needs a clutch, fuel valve, and a fan spacer.

01 diesel needs a clutch and an input shaft.

02 gas pickup just needs exhaust leaks fixed.

Yukon needs o2 sensors and probably a MAF sensor.

Both 1086 IH tractors need split. Both need a torque amplifier, one needs a clutch.

2555 John Deere tractor needs split for...can you guess.....a clutch!

950 loader needs glow plugs and a tire fixed.

95 KW truck needs air bags, a new y pipe, headlights, and an overhaul.

Many, many other things....too numerous and depressing to list currently.

Thats just the top stuff.

Back