How'd it go today?

Had a nice, productive day today. Helped make up for yesterday. I have a crew coming in tomorrow to help me with a big job at a private charter school, so today I got a start on it in order to make sure we finish tomorrow. I trimmed about 7-8 trees along the entry road for truck clearance and took down a dying camphor. Then I dumped the trailer and picked up 5-6 yards of topsoil (for tomorrow's job). Got home about 3.

Just after 5 I got a call for some storm damage. A microburst hit a bank about 2 miles up the road and the drive up ATM lane was blocked by a hanging 20' limb. So I got dressed again and went up to take care of it. Dump trailer is full of dirt so I took my little baby trailer. I laid a strap across the bottom so later I can pick up the entire load in one bundle with the bucket truck and transfer it to the dump trailer. That little call paid for my tires from yesterday. ;)

Glad it turned around for ya Brian.
I was having a pretty good day even with the heat and humidity. Found out I'm going to remove a tree that the lawyers have been hashing it out on. Not really in my top ten favorite kind of jobs. Then I pull in my drive and my mother in law is here. I've got a cold six pack and I might just sit in the truck and wait her out!

Wasp sting on my hand yesterday. I'd forgotten about it before I got home. This morning waking up to itching and swelling. Waiting for my wife to wake up so I can start complaining.

I gather it wasn't a Giant Asian Hornet.... you would have been minus the hand plus maybe a broken leg or two, maybe extorted too. ;)

Hahaha...good show, Brian...I like little jobs like that.

Rich, if your wifi reaches out to the car I'd say you are probably in a good place for now. :lol:

Jay...you are right. It will hurt less when you can complain to the wifey.:D

No giant Asian this time, just a mid range size. I can't remember all the names with the number of varieties to choose from. Right, Corey, the big bad sucker and it would be hospital time likely. Get a steroid drip before the whole arm gets to be a balloon and falls off.

I offered her a drink when she was leaving but it wasn't my beer. Nasty tobacco habit I have but plenty for her. we haven't gotten along since my in laws got divorced. She praised him at Christmas for the huge piece of jewelry he bought her and filed for divorce a few days later. I was better off in the truck than dealing with her.

This is none of my biz Stephen, so take it with a grain... but with the amount you guys book out, would the down time and maintenance be eased by investing in new equipment? A single large payment monthly could alleviate shit tons of headaches. I only ask because I'm in the same boat and Thinking about leaping into new truck and stumper, as we got a new chipper last year. Granted new equipment will have problems, but maybe free up more time for kids, life, etc without the unnecessary fuxked up days...

Cant afford it. It is not so much our booking (which is down some) but the charge out. 150 hr does not afford new kit payments. Unless you choose one and have nothing else. That would be a choice of.... one truck, or chipper, or loader.
I need to bill out 250 hr to accomplish that. No such animal unless I work line clearance. Not something I am willing to do at my age.
WC is 49 percent. Makes employees a non profit scenario.
No support for hours of driving. NONE. I am the mechanic. I have long drives for parts. It is shut down when I can't be on site. There are no parts or mechanics here. About all I can hope for is a tire on a good day.
SO solution...
I am getting the frig out of Califuckmefornia. 2-5 year plan... drop my tax burden down and see more profit for the same charge out. Cash out on my home and pay cash for another. No mortgage.
Insurance cheaper. Fuel cheaper, food cheaper..... it all adds up.
Then I'll look at newer gear and trade up.

Dang Stephen, You got this. Hold tight and do it right.

Running out of state won't make things better.

You got crazy work load... Raise you're rates, kick back, you got a great family.

Beer is great, too.

less stress and obligation.... you know calls are gonna come in.

I think Ian has a point too, frig wrenching on stuff, go sell fat jobs instead. Time is time.

Back