Page 5438 of 5608 FirstFirst ... 4438493853385388542854365437543854395440544854885538 ... LastLast
Results 54,371 to 54,380 of 56074

Thread: How'd it go today?

TreeHouser Sponsor woodworkingboy's Avatar

That's tough, Stephen. People say that losing a child is the worst thing. Hope that things mend themselves asap.
    Bright days and dark days are both expressions of the great mystery. ~ Oglala Sioux

Sure sorry about all that Stephen.
    I've got to say, you're a beast carrying two saws on your saddle.
    Ray
    “In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual.” - Galileo

More biners!!! Sponsor pantheraba's Avatar

.Ha! that is true. In Minecraft that is called "dual wielding"...a badass fighting technique. Used to slay big A$$ dragons and creepers.

Or, in Stephen's case, a nasty crispy oak.
    Gary

California Hillbilly Sponsor CurSedVoyce's Avatar

I just added the larger saw once I got the little stuff cut. Then dropped the smaller after it was lifted out. Only had to sport two for 1/2 hour or some such.

Thanks for the thoughts and such. Tree work helps me keep focus. Time around the house is what kills the spirit.. And trucks breaking.. Or bills piling up.... You know the drill... Waiting on a call about my dad tonight. Two nights so far in the hospital, they did not like his white cell count.
    Seth Graduated middle school tonight with honors and a presidential award.
    Hey Jim......
    Congrats mang.
    Interesting how a limited gene pool and a limited labor force seem to be so closely related.

More biners!!! Sponsor pantheraba's Avatar

Hoorah, Seth...headed down a good track it seems. Congrats to him and to you-all who help him.
    Gary

Well done, Seth! Very impressive and cool to see when young people can be focused like that.
    Bright days and dark days are both expressions of the great mystery. ~ Oglala Sioux

Way to go Seth!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Ran out of fuel in the new truck today leaving the job. Having multiple trucks is hard. With one truck I could tell you on any day about how much fuel was in it, but with two I can't keep track and I'm obviously not smart enough to look at the gauge.

Anyway, the truck died and I pulled off the road. Called my ground guy since he was only a couple minutes behind me, he picked me up and carried me home to get my diesel can. Got back and it still took me almost 30 minutes to get it started again. I kept priming and priming but it wouldn't pressurize. I finally cracked the fuel line and cranked the engine over to get fuel through the line, then tightened it up and pumped the primer some more. After 3-4 false starts it finally ran.

Remind me not to run a diesel out of fuel again, it sucks.
    -Brian

Captain Zero! Sponsor FireFighterZero's Avatar

Yeah, some are worse than others. Nozzles seem to be harder to prime than unit injectors.
    Winter is coming.

Jim

The old Volkswagen bugs used to have a supplementary fuel tank, a lever between the front seats opened it up. Very helpful at times, and when you were running off the spare tank, a gas station was the priority. My brother had a bug until he flipped it over on the freeway, unhurt though.