How'd it go today?

Yep, mom and dad have a 27kw pto and I have a hook up so I can run a 10kw. I will get a pto gen eventually.

Longest was when I was a kid and it was a month. Last bad storm was for two weeks. The little town to the north was snow bound for 45 days and they were flying groceries in by planes with ski's.

Crazy. Seems unbelievable to me. Here seriously was overnight only once and that entailed probably 12-14hrs of actual outage.

Last winter we had some really bad winter snowstorms and I think some outlying areas were without for like three days and there has been massive ROW work ever since. I couldn't imagine going weeks or a month.

Christmas Break Work

It's been a while since my last post, but I wanted to show you guys my little project over the Holiday break. The pile is from eight white pines so far and I have about another 8 to go. I've been chunking them up in 22' sections since that's the longest the neighborhood log truck can handle.

We're clearing the pines out on our property and by blocking the light, they have ruined what few deciduous trees tried to grow in between them. I've had to take down a few 8"-12" maples because they were just 60' sticks with a little bush at the top. Luckily we have a few that have grown nice around the street-side edges of the property so we'll save and nurture those as well as plant quite a few deciduous specimen trees.

I just wanted to say I could have never done this without the guidance and support from my friends at the Treehouse!

Attachments

• IMG_20151227_160610.jpg
    IMG_20151227_160610.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20151226_163601.jpg
    IMG_20151226_163601.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 35
It's been a while since my last post, but I wanted to show you guys my little project over the Holiday break.

Nice work sir... so satyisfying to see those logs stacked up.

Fiona: 7lbs... big whoop. I gained 15!! :lol: That's some good Christmas eats.

Problem I am having here is that my 4wd truck is down. I put chains on the flat bed and tried to move kit over and no go. Tooo damn icy and too much snow on the down hill part of the road. Started slipping and sliding and GTFO turned around. Called the client. Trouble is, no plowing in most the dirt roads. Most everyone lives on or off a dirt road. I should probably have a plow someday just for such an occasion. Damn thing will sit most the time, but rescheduling my schedule over and over again and wasting my time and fuel driving out to an inaccessible place is getting old. Ohhhh sure, the client was able to drive their awd/4wd vehicle in just peachy... My problem is I am towing the better part of 2-3 tons behind me.

I heard an interview with Nick on NPR this afternoon. It was about a lot of people in Los Angeles worried about their trees because it's supposed to be a wet winter. He did very good. Been trying to find the link to listen online, but no luck.

Better than three with that 1250 behind you.
We had the pleasure of working in an all day rain because someone couldn't believe that a little bit of rain would keep us from working. This someone being the property owner and who is paying day rate. Then had the nerve to bitch at me ( a man who had a wet ass crack before lunch) that not enough got done for what he was paying. I just told him to call the number on the truck. I felled damn near an acre on an abandoned dump site in a monsoon and we chipped 140 yards with a bc1800 in 9 hours and we didn't get enough done. I really don't care. So what if we don't " get" to go back. It's freaking Christmas and I'm still at 50 hours a week.

You know it Rich. That guy wa s an a as to you. Wish you could fire him like I do my clients.
My 'lllight trailer with mini comes in around 3k
The 1250, now you are probably pushing 7

I don't know Jim. My three year old just got done calling me all kinds of jiberish that I'm sure wasn't good.

:lol::lol: Ohhh...mannn....

My three year old just piped up WITH THE F WORD, about three days ago!!! My wife's all... JED!!!! I was all denial.

I feel for you. Mine have yet to hear that ( from me at least) but my six year old can use several versions of damn in correct context. Not my fault either. Well it my be my fault but I wasn't the one saying it.

"It was Swartz !"

7 loads. Slightly smaller truck now. The big truck goes with the 2100 along with the semi once we get a trailer for it. As crazy as my boss is, he can get the work, I'll hand him that. This year has really been great work wise. The big contracts he's been after landed.

Easier to sell work when you know you have good guys to do it.

I heard an interview with Nick on NPR this afternoon. It was about a lot of people in Los Angeles worried about their trees because it's supposed to be a wet winter. He did very good. Been trying to find the link to listen online, but no luck.

Caught that here, too. Ya done fine, Nick.

Back