How'd it go today?

cbff5fca274e16f4d2b6cafb36cb59f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who cares, Jed? It football time! And it's our time! It's only the preseason, but the Hawk offense wants a piece of the action! 41-14 and now 34-6..... the offense is looking wicked awesome.

!!

Sure, everyone will be gunning for us, and our schedule is tough, but, at this point, we have to be the favorite to repeat as champs!!

Go Hawks!!:blob6:

Not real big on doctors unless necessary. I wrapped, splinted and taped them. Daily soaking in Epsom salts, changing bandages daily, and they're healing nicely. I climbed a little Wednesday, after four days of rest. Spent 6-1/2 hours in a large water oak yesterday. They don't hurt unless I bump them. Then they speak fluently to me!

I would have done the same, social medicine or not. All a doctor does about broken toe is tell you to stay off them.
I've broken all of mine, bar the left big toe, most of them more than once, over the years, by kicking people and hitting bone.
Just take a little care with them and theyll be fine.

I'm not sure now if the toes are broken or not. I limped severely the first four days, and then it got gradually better. Didi I mention it busted my big toe like a grape? :cry:

Back home from playing. Went well considering we had to play 3 piece. Mandolin player never called & never showed. Wouldn't answer his phone, so after spending yesterday replacing the guitar player I spent all morning trying to find a 4th person again, but failed on such short notice. We had pretty good harmonies so focused on vocals more.

I played some bass and picked up the fiddle for about 5 tunes.

Sorry, Dave, I missed mention of your friend, wish him the best. Skill saws have done a lot of damage, I can picture a few ways.

Thanks Jay. He is not talking to anyone much right now. I do know he cut the back of his wrist and had 5 tendons re-attached in hospital. Still don't know what type of power saw (could be skill saw or mitre box).

I went on a short bicycle ride this morning to get my knee moving again after the surgery.
Short meaning I went the 1/4 mile to my malbox and back, to pick up the paper, then went and iced the knee.
It rhurt like hell, but really loosened it up.
Then in the afternoon I went again a bit further and I think I'll try for a full mile before going to bed.
PT is such fun:lol:

No pain no gain.

I've got a truck and trailer load of wood to unload today, plus a truck to do a oil/filter change on. That's a day off for me.

My season is in high gear now. Gotta make bank before winter.

My field was just mowed. 2nd cut on the ground. Looks like a good one. Now I'm hoping for no rain.

Man I love the smell of a freshly cut field. Grass/alfalfa.

Mick that's a really nice looking garden. You've leaked the odd shot out here and there. Very impressive. Looks like a real labor of love.

Back