How'd it go today?

20171130_120756.jpg

Moved the cows out today. Took about 6 hours to trail out and ride back.

All part of my sustainable beef idea. Graze all winter and calve on green grass.

The place we went to was where I made my straw piles this fall.

Also got to see an aerial refueling mission today.

One B 52 and three B1B bombers. Flew in a circle till they were all fueled.

Wow, that's gotta be sorta fun to be 4 wheeling for 6 hours with cows out in that setting.

What mtns is those in back?

Crazy refueling. Ha think about it, aerial refueling is a pretty nuts concept

You get to see a lot out there behind the Cows. Lots of wildlife and such.

Even saw some red ants today.....moving pretty slow.

Those are the Bear's Paw mountains. One of many "island" ranges on this side of the state.

The far pole has an antenna on it...the close pole just has power lines. I was right under the line so it kinda looks funny.

Beer AFTER pond is OK. My cousin, maybe 25 years ago, had her husband fall into an irrigation pond in S. GA. I think he may have been drinking some. But they are dozer dug and steep sided.

He drowned...bad stuff. Water can be a mofo.

When I was a teenager I was at our farm pond walking on the ice. Thick enough but weak on the edges. Where I went to get off the ice I knew it was a steep bank and deep. Fortunately I grabbed an overhanging limb as I was close to the edge....fell through but was able to pull myself up and out.

Nice, Jim.

We finished our 1000 man hour pre-commercial thinning job today.
Probably felled about ? a million trees between 3 inches and a foot in diameter.
Now we got a week to do some arb jobs before we start logging season.

Friday! Anyone else starting to feel their weeks are getting longer while the days are getting shorter? Bleh.

And now December is here. Christmas parties and gatherings and festivities. Go go go!!!

Shoot, every year seems to pass faster for me.

Less than a year til my SS checks kick in!!!

Back