How'd it go today?

My sister had a few still out in the meadow until a few days ago. They came back to the barn just before the brook froze up. I call them free grazers because they have no respect for fences. They showed up at the sawmill a couple days ago.:lol:

View attachment 83563

It seems like electric fences don't have as good a jolt in snow and frozen ground. It must be somewhat of an insulator.

We've got one gelled everything here on the farm today. Turns out the fuel company delivered summer fuel last delivery.:|:

Got stuck getting into the yard today with a load of protein tubs in the back of my 93 Dually.

As per usual, I tried rocking it for a while before I gave up.

I did give up once I lost reverse in the transmission! Shit, I just cleaned this pickup up so I could drive it!

Jim you’re not helping our bow tie cause here. Don’t go tearing shit up just cause you got extras laying around. I know an oval wouldn’t have even been able to hook up but settle down son

You should see what happened when I got pissed at my Ford.

Everyone thinks I have a temper....and they can piss off!

Wife decided to up the ante tonight and break a carbon tetrachloride fire extinguisher right before bedtime.

I honestly forgot there were still some of them in the house.

I suppose I will now be able to add liver dysfunction to the long happy list of 2017 events.

..and STIG!
Stig, that's three now. The branch on yer noggin, the barberchair and now the log on your toe...hopefully you are done now and clear for the New Year!

Shitty nights sleep after breaking that carbon tetrachloride extinguisher.

House smells better this morning though. Had some windows cracked, and draft stoppers pulled back from the doors. Snow blowed in under the door.

Today we have a 20 MPH wind with 30 MPH gusts from the east. Blowing and drifting snow.

Unusual to get snow at 15 below here......80% humidity.

All in all......a right shitty day!

2018 is going to be better........it would about have to!

I guess not....really had my heart set on it too!

Blizzard right now and ass cold.

Really wanted to get those protein tubs out to the cows way out south.

I guess tomorrow we will have to fire up the tractor and cut trails. Probably have to put 30 miles on the damn thing to make it to all the animals.

Which tractor, the D8?

Good luck with that, 30 miles is a long way

Cool. What are protein tubs? Little blocks they lick and chew?

Easy enough pruning job today to round out the year. Funny how little material it produces in a couple hours. Two building clearance trees and a roughly 'pruned' eucalyptus to reduce after a larger fork failed onto the kids' playset. Looked good in the end. Natural.

People look shocked when I tell them eucalyptus get big. Looks like a good canopy reduction job for the next many years. It provided shade for their clubhouse and playset. A cold freeze might do it in.

It's been around -5 to -10 at night, high of 10 during the day. I don't think there is any water, just gelled summer fuel, which I was unaware the farm tank was full of. I've dumped enough kero in to get me to about 60/40, plus 911 and Power Service. Going to see if we can get the farm tank topped off with kero, or fill the portable with pump fuel.

Forced air propane heater with a tarp helps thaw things. Been doing that damn near every day this week and next week isn't looking much better.

Shit, I need a washing machine repair dude.

$85 for a diagnosis, crikey.

I'd just get a new one but R & R is such a PITA!!!

Back