How'd it go today?

Get some sleep boss, eyes heal when you sleep. When you get the bandage off I bet you'll see so well you won't know what to do!

My old man said he could see the separate leaves on trees again after his surgery. That would suck looking around with no detail.

More like a Grrrrrrrrr!!!

They said I was combative while under... noe I understand why the bound my wrists before I went out.

They said it was for my comfort.

I wonder what I did???

during the start of the second stage of anesthesia a lot of people fight it. Especially men.....and red heads require more sometimes.LOL. Can be the same when they wake you back up. Pretty wild to witness first hand, but intriguing on the same note. The brain does some wild shit when the CO2 rises.......and drugs come on board. Those restraints are to keep you from pulling all the tubes and lines out.......until the paralytic kicks in. I like the "for your comfort" part.....more like them not wanting fight!

It amazes me how someone can be chemically paralyzed and unaware ......or HOPEFULLY unaware! There is a lot going on at the helm of the CRNA. Five minutes of terror when then begin the process to put you under followed by hours of monotony.

thats what intrigues me.....With that great power come great responsibility. I hope I can make there to guide the helm. Seems daunting at this point. Shit load to learn.....

Glad your procedure went well? How long were you under? Any side effects from anesthesia during the next few days?

interested to hear what any details of your experience.....

I have no idea how long it lasted, my ass was knocked OUT. I don't really feel any after affects except yesterday it felt like I was coming down with the flu orrrr something... that's gone away today.

I just got back from my follow-up and now I have 20-20 vision in that eye! Very cool!

It still kinda feels like something's in my eye but not near as bad as yesterday. I imagine by tomorrow I'll be felling 100% - I hope!

Snow today, couldn?t even get the chip truck up the drive tonight, had to park it at a neighbours.

Good week though, after a sluggish January some big/ lucrative jobs have come in.

Good news on the eye surgery, Butch.

Perfect day here.
Still frost and sunny and today abolutely no wind.
You could have lit a candle outside, it was that calm.
So I felled a strip of beech from 1809 along a road, I've been waiting for a calm day to do.
I don't much like felling along trafficked roads. Lose one across the road and it would be a career changing event.
With no skidder on the site, how would one go about removing the log.
Traffic would be backed up for miles. hardly bears thinking about.
So I always end up with thich hinges, to make sure they go as planned, and of course have to hammer wedges like mad, to force them over with those hinges fighting me.

Then there is the chance that a passing motorist will see a tree falling, even if it doesn't fall on the road, panic and drive into something.
In 83 I felled a large spruce along a road, woman driving by saw it, panicked and did a left turn into a freshly plowed field.
Took us forever to get her car unstuck.
Fortunately I had warning signs up, so she had to admit it was an over reaction to a tree falling maybe 60 feet away from the road.
But, had she hit another car head on, it would have been a bad day for me.

Everything went well, glad to have that one over with.

Nope, just wedges.
None had any real lean towards the road, that I won't do without a line in them and a skidder to pull.
This is logging, not residental.

Back