How'd it go today?

Ha! Beer swillers. I've been not drinking many beers. But tomorrow I'm heading off camping for a few days, may have to indulge? I'll probably have to in order to stay sane. Funny, for me campgrounds feel crowded. Lol.

I usually keep sunday as my day of rest, not so much because I'm afraid of offending "God", but because once you are past 60 years of age, have leukemia, and work in a physically demanding job, you need to take a day off once in a while to recharge the batteries.

My firewood crew came by today.
A bunch of karate guys that I have been teaming up with for the last 27 or 8 years.
We all heat our houses with wood, and team up to cut and split it.
That is, I log the wood and get it forwarded, I cut it, we all work on splitting and stacking.
Now all my wood for the winter of 2019 is in the shack...........................that feels good:)

Then I packed the truck for our logging trip to one of the Southerrn islands.

We'll go down, make long days, and drive home again.
That means between leaving and returning, about 16 hours a day.
So those days are useless for anything else, I won't even make it to the dojo.

Then we take a 3 day weekend:D

That works out well, we make good money and I get to prove to myself that I can still fall trees for 10 hours straight ( I'll be dead tired come friday).

Some nice scenery down there.
Møn's klint is part of that same chalk cliff structure that is known as Dover in England.
So all we need is Very Lynn to sing for us.

Surely does.
Gets very white wood, too.
We will, however, be logging ash.

Got the white flat bed back yesterday. Had to go back for the Dingo at the job site today. Friggen stick through the fan shroud again (insert eye roll). Took out the fan and shroud. I keep one on the shelf. Sucks having to field fix it though. This time it pinned the fly wheel. And you don't want to run it with out the fan. It was quite a way back in the woods from the trailer. Home now. Rob is working on a fuel issue with it and has an idea for a skid plate to deflect naughty sticks.
Rental truck goes back tomorrow. 2017 Ram 2500 with the Cummins. Sure tows nice. Not sure I like the truck in general. Too friggen high up for my taste. Needs a step on the sides. And why do you need a truck bed at 5 feet high???:|: Cant even reach in it. Damn thing this high needs a flat bed. AC was nice though:D

Ya know when I was much younger ( not claiming to be old now by any means) I always wanted a high pick up. Then I realized that means I have to lift that much higher to load it. AC is nice though

I dont have AC in any of any of my own trucks. I have two I could fix it in and probably will since they double as personal :/: shhhhhh
God forbid if you drive anywhere 1/2 way through the day in triple digits. You really have no desire to get out of it and work again.

Coolvests are great in the no AC truck. We only need AC for about 3 weeks a year. Only my SUV has AC.

Sorry to sound like a broken record. I wear a jacket when its cold, and rain gear when its raining a lot.

You're tough, Stephen. Kids with no A/C!!!

Did a basic update on my website. sooo overdue. Feels good. Now...for the shop.

Back from vacation last night. Dropped Dahlia off with mom this morning. Bid a dead dead alder trio, etc. Might hang two whole with the new-to-me GRCS if I get it. I'd crane em, but the access has a bad, steep gravel driveway turning to asphalt at the top 5' before a road, like so many lake- and Puget Sound-front homes.

Had a good day even though somebody decided to have a birthday party at 2 pm. I've gotten a few things done at the house today so it has not been to bad. My dad commented that his firewood pile is empty and I said I'd get right on it after I get mine taken care of and he then rolled his eyes at me. Pissed me off to no end but I will bite my tongue since he had to put up with me for 20 years. I feel guilty for getting mad about it but hell, I do 50-60 hours for some one else while trying to build my name so I can be an employer not an employee, and he acts like I spend my time f-ing off. Venting over back to splitting wood. Reason it was a good day is the boy started walking. He's taken steps in front of everyone else but me. As soon as I would ask him to come to me he would sit down and then crawl. Not this morning. He took 8 steps to get to me.

Happy Birthday Rich!
Kids first steps too!
One of the things I did for myself and the kids was be self employed. Start my day when I want and end it when I want. Days off when needed.
I have rarely missed a big event in my kids lives because of it. Something I hope they remember and cherish. Even cooked them breakfast before work most their growing up. I stopped some when Lilly hit about 7. Time for them to learn and fend for themselves a bit. Levi can about flip his eggs now and Lilly can make scrambled. Good times. Treasured memories.

Coolvests are great in the no AC truck. We only need AC for about 3 weeks a year. Only my SUV has AC.

Sorry to sound like a broken record. I wear a jacket when its cold, and rain gear when its raining a lot.

You're tough, Stephen. Kids with no A/C!!!

Kids have AC in Katys car and at home. They tough it out with me if they come to work.
It's Lilly I have to keep an eye on. She is heat sensitive and gets seizures. I'll take here when there is plenty of shade and often a creek to play in. :)

Back