How'd it go today?

Finally got my small bucket truck out of the shop last night. Been 4-5 weeks since it crapped out on me. Seems I may have caused it myself. I deleted the EGR and put a tune on the truck right after I bought it. I removed the catalytic converter and hollowed it out with a piece of steel pipe. I didn't bother with the 'muffler' after the cat. Well, it seems that 'muffler is actually a particulate filter, or another cat. All honeycomb inside and with the EGR deleted it plugged up. That ended up taking out my turbo. So, $4000 later it's back up and running. The mechanic wasn't legally able to gut the particulate filter but he left it unbolted so I could get the truck home.

This morning I hollowed it out and took my dump trailer to the dump as a test drive. I had forgotten just how fast that truck is. That sucker jumps! :D I might drive it around all day today just for fun instead of driving my pickup.

It leads to early engine death Kevin (by adding back pressure and raising temperatures), just about everyone I know will do the delete even on brand new trucks. It will of course void the warranty, but they would rather do so because the truck will last. Then most of them also add a tuner and stuff to add a bunch of hp.

Yes, the engine was pitifully clogged when I bought it. It's an 08, first year of the required exhaust scrubbing for diesels. It works by dumping extra fuel into the exhaust to burn off the particulate filter when it senses too much back pressure. Since the truck operates at an idle most of the time it was going into regen mode 2-3 times per day and burning excessive amounts of fuel. I was fueling the truck every other day.

Drove it today and it's running much better. Crazy strong and I only used 1/4 tank of fuel in well over 100 miles.

Spent an hour and a half driving around looking for a place to do my E test on my 94 S10. It was going to help me decide if I keep it or get rid of it. Found a place and damned it passed. Guess I have to fix it up some more now. Not really a big deal now that I have another daily driver to take while I'm in the middle of repairs, I have a box full of new parts and complete brakes to install now.

Welded a new jack on the log splitter the other night and replaced wheel bearings last night. Gonna drag it back outside and split for a few hours till we go to my parents for Thanksgiving dinner and have some beer with my brothers.

Took the S10 to my Dad's, trim a spruce tree away from the house, brought back the branches and the damn wood chipper wouldn't start. Cleaned up all the connections and added lithium, charge the battery some more and off it went.

Happy thanksgiving to you, USA.

Welded a new jack on the log splitter the other night and replaced wheel bearings last night. Gonna drag it back outside and split for a few hours till we go to my parents for Thanksgiving dinner and have some beer with my brothers.

Rich, you are nonstop. Enjoy your thanksgiving, and the beers with your brothers.

Received an early morning call from an old bandmate...great talk...lasted a couple hours.

Had a nice dinner next door at Sis's...brought three more dinners and a cake home. :lol:

thinking it's about about time :sleepy2:

I had a lousy evening. My best buds dog died last night. Year and a half old dane. Son found him lying in the yard. No warning, nothing. Was a pretty sad scene. I had to rush over to help my friend load him up. Poor fella, pretty short life.

Hard to watch people you love going through that pain. I've known him and his wife for 30 years and still couldn't find any words......just an all round terrible thing.

Tough, Danes are prone to all sorts of stuff.

Rained off today, workshop day, we paid the deposit for a house by the coast this week, could be a big thing.

Permenant holiday/retirement home. 100 m?tres from the Atlantic. The Missus and I going halves with my BIL.

Lots of renovations to be done.

Once it’s underway I’ll start a thread.

Tough, Danes are prone to all sorts of stuff..

I guess I proved that last fall:lol:

We sold the big roan horse we bought in spring.
He turned out to be too unreliable for driving.
2 weeks ago we would have ended up under an Audi had it not been for my cat-like reflexes and strong arms.
I managed to reach over, grab the reins and by sheer force turn him into a hedge instead of the passing Audi.
That was not by far the only incident we've had with him.

Having to bring a rifle along in order to be sure one can stop the horse, takes the fun out of driving, so we sold him.
Margot has worked intensively with him and trained him to a decent standard as riding horse, so he was easy enough to sell.

Since she wants to be able to drive out on her own without me riding shotgun, we decided to go for something calmer.

This 13 year old Jutland horse fit the bill.
She is dead calm and has a really nice, friendly personality.
We went driving with her for the first time yesterday and on the way home 3 male pheasants flew up right in her face. She didn't even bat an ear:)
The school bus and a passing truck didn't matter to her either.

I took her out for a ride today, she is surprisingly easy to ride, and woe be upon anybody who gets in the way when she comes galloping.
The mountainbikers and dog sleds better watch out.
I've always been fascinated by the big draft horses, but never imagined I'd have one some day.
It is like one of Justin's Quarterhorses on steroids. LOTS of steroids:lol:

P1050834.JPG P1050837.JPG P1050846.JPG P1050850.JPG

Back