How'd it go today?

Willard, if you can get one of those Boxer 532dx machines through Carl, with the 32 hp diesel (not going to be available soon, only 25 hp),

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The access of minimum track width of 34.5", and max width when expanded 43.5" for stability, with 9" tracks, is FU$#@% awesome. You won't really want to be 60 or 65 and still loading a power forwarder by hand. I don't want to do it at 41.

Sounds fun! Do you make any coin at these things?

Not much Butch. In the current band I'm in I get $100/day minimum, usually do 2 shows per day. We only played one day at this event so it payed for the gas it cost me to get there.

I don't really do it for money (been down that road) so I like getting the perks of no cost of fuel, camping fee, or ticket, to stay all weekend at a festival and be able to jam with good musicians form all over the country.

On the other side of the scale; my friend Isaac Smith plays fiddle for Marty Raybon. He makes $500 per day and is guaranteed 1500/wk. not bad for a 19 year old eh?

Right next to my chair is my laptop computer, remote control for the TV, gigantic Sony cd player, my Strat, and what ever bass I am playing that week. (wife said no room for my drums right now)

When the music thing strikes me I just lean over and grab a bass. The instruments have to be handy or I will not play them. I think that is the key.

That's better that nothing! I hate that my guitar skills have fallen to the wayside...

MB, how good are you or were you ??

I want to be this good::/:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xl9Uvjvjobo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What I would give to be able to play those 2 solos note for note…

The run from 3.00 to 3.06 blows my mind.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I was about a 6 or 7. I was completely self taught... if I woulda had what's available today, I'd have been an 11.

I can play that solo, if I wanted - it's not that difficult.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3Wsq9Makj-U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If I woulda had this stuff...

Willard, if you can get one of those Boxer 532dx machines through Carl, with the 32 hp diesel (not going to be available soon, only 25 hp),
DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The access of minimum track width of 34.5", and max width when expanded 43.5" for stability, with 9" tracks, is FU$#@% awesome. You won't really want to be 60 or 65 and still loading a power forwarder by hand. I don't want to do it at 41.
Looks good Sean, it's an option.
The new area I'm moving into has good solid clay base and granite rock below that. So I've been talking to the John Deere rep and have a liking to their 244J at 59hp and 11,552 lb operating weight. Ican see a lot of potential with this machine doing treework and snow removal. I like the oscillating stereo steering on the rear axle. 148" turn radius. 19mph.

http://youtu.be/QQ2PUKaAMwE

It is very fast and precise, you could play that fast??

Dayum

11 hours on trees (sumac) then straight to rehearsal for Sundays recording session with sax & piano player for two more hours...glad to be back home. time for dinner and bed.

Had a nice weekend away ,and found my yard had been hit and a lot of this years firewood had been stolen . Starting to feal unlucky robbed twice in four days .

Nick (Timbertramp) climbed today while I played groundie and coached a bit. Did a good job and I liked the break from climbing.

We've been hitting it pretty hard lately and today fatigue set in a bit. Called it after 5 hours and a couple small mistakes before something worse happened. The one tree we have left on our current job is the more difficult one and I'd prefer to tackle it first thing in the day with a fresh perspective.

Way to be smart, Dave. Come another day, fresh.

Willard, are there a lot of open, unfenced lots? Do you need that much power for your trees (bigger trees?)? I figured you could easily put a mini in your dump box. I think I figured out that I can fit mine in my Southco box!!!!!!!!! That's a lot of weight. I figure if I need to, I can bridge over a drain field to reduce compaction.

I was carrying and pushing dirty, rotten stuff down quite a slope, knowing if I couldn't get back up on the boxer power, I could easily give the extra pull my my truck.

Articulated loaders seem perfect for treework.

JD is easier to get parts for I'm sure. Snow removal seems like an important compliment to many tree services. Not lifting wood seems like an important component to treework. You know the market best.

Lets see.
Under budget on a 4 day job but have a flat tire on the job site.
More tree work over the cell phone..
No water at home... well pump shot?? We shall see when the new one goes down the hole.
Call about Datsun.. Rear end failure... Found one.. But....
So tomorrow...
Drop Rob off on a job... Go 45 minutes to do a job solo. SHould pay for two tires I will pick up down there.
Drive back and pick up Rob...
Go pick up rear end... Drop off on mechanic.
Back to house to monitor what water we might have and possibly call the water truck
Pump on order, should be here before the weekend.
Pool pump sprung a leak this morning. Lost 400 gallon...
Had to go do laundry at laundry mat so I have something to wear to work tomorrow.
Game on bitches!

Willard, are there a lot of open, unfenced lots? Do you need that much power for your trees (bigger trees?)? I figured you could easily put a mini in your dump box. I think I figured out that I can fit mine in my Southco box!!!!!!!!! That's a lot of weight. I figure if I need to, I can bridge over a drain field to reduce compaction.

Articulated loaders seem perfect for treework.

JD is easier to get parts for I'm sure. Snow removal seems like an important compliment to many tree services. Not lifting wood seems like an important component to treework. You know the market best.
Sean, this new city I'm moving yes has a lot of open unfenced lots, and about 6 feet of snow that stays around all winter too. Quite a bit of cottage country work and someone will always haul away the rounds or even the whole tree for firewood, wood stove use in Thompson is very poplar due to their long cold winters.

I'm looking at hauling the 11,000 lb JD loader around in a good size dump trailer, with enough room to haul the stump grinder too. Pricy setup but I think snow removal alone will pay for it pretty quick.
I took a look at the JD 244J the other day and sure is a beautiful machine.

Back