How'd it go today?

We got an opportunity to feed the folks at the nursing home again, it was a really good time and a great blessing for us. The folks really seemed to enjoy the fish and hushpuppies too. Miss Nettie is 102 and her mind is as sharp as a razor blade. She got special treatment with flounder and rock bass being the oldest (and sweetest) resident:)
IMG_1507.jpg IMG_2347.jpg IMG_1477.jpg

I threw an impromptu ice cream party at the nursing home where my Mother was staying. The nurses were kinda pissed... the old folks loved it!

I threw an impromptu ice cream party at the nursing home where my Mother was staying. The nurses were kinda pissed... the old folks loved it!
:thumbup:That sounds fun! We have a pretty good relationship with the management and employees at the home Butch, my wife works a day a week as the hairdresser there. It also helps that we cook enough fish to feed all the employees too;)

I hope you had the pleasure of catching all those fish you cooked...makes it even better. Good work...giving folks with limited ability to get out and be in the world a chance to do something different like that is a big deal.

Got started seeding today. We have 350 acres of lentils to put in this year.

We worked for a couple of weeks on the air seeder and it payed off. When we got to the field we had to re level the frame, but it is now seeding better than it ever has.

It was also easy to calibrate this year. Putting on just the right amount of fertilizer and seed.

Lentils kind of suck because you have to inoculate them first with peat based inoculate, but with two guys it is okay.

Also installed a new guidance system in the tractor. Apparently it will pay for it self this year. 3200 bucks for a GPS system.

I also bought a system for the sprayer that will automatically shut off the booms to eliminate over spray.

Then at twenty after five we ruined a tire, but the store in town might set one out for us tonight, if they have one.

No seeding tomorrow, I have my final State practical tests for my EMT class. Wish I was seeding, but it will be nice to be finished.

Its kind of funny, but I have been playing in bands for nearly 20 years. Never once did we ever practice, except for a couple times before our first gig when we were 16 or so.

Maybe they practiced with out me, I dont know.

They ask me if I know a certain song, I says yep, they asks if I have played it before, I says no, they says okay! Lets do it!

That's how it should be!

Have you seen that Ibanez hybrid 7 string bass?

Have I posted that?

Back