How'd it go today?

Ha...I totally approve. I hate seeing people flick cigarette butts out a car window. I've thought about collecting some and walk up to their window and throw a bunch back in. Could probably start a great fight that way...wankers.

It is a great way to start a fight. I waved my hand years back at a guy tossing his butt out the window in town. He 'chased' me down in the parking lot I was pulling into and started yapping at me like a fool. Lucky for him my family was with me, as I'm much tamer with them around. Their personal safety supersedes all other impulses of acting like a fool and flying off the handle.

Around here massive, devastating forest fires have been started by people tossing butts out the window.

As a little addendum, I've been occasionally using Wooden Top as a sub contractor groundsman since his departure.
(Regulars will know of whom I speak)
So we were in a garden today taking some pops out and I saw a carton of juice on the grass that I know he'd been drinking.
Later on he's done all the blowing and loaded the gear.
"Where's that carton of juice then?" says I
He couldn't produce it so he had to admit he'd blown it under some bushes.
I made him fetch it out.

Oh it's not so bad, sounds like nothing really when you write it down.

It's just that he likes to get things past me, and I like to catch him out.

Ha! You two have an interesting dynamic.

I chased all the rig hands and oil field pumpers off the field in a fit of rage once. My wife found an old rag covered in shit on a location they had just moved off of.

I was going to make someone eat it, but they saw me coming and ran away.

Get 'em, Jim...righteous rage is good.

Mick...that guy's got problems. A little orange carton physically isn't much...but his handling of it speaks volumes of his character.

No telling what you are NOT catching with him. He can mess you up with customers I bet.

And that video was perfect! I totally support that guy.

Cigarette butts on the ground get to me big time. It used to be terrible over here, people stopping their cars to dump their ashtrays wherever, but much better now. I still see farmers now and then tossing a butt through a waterway grate in front of the cooperative or in a creek. I call them out when i can, ask them if they can grow rice in tobacco juice. A gardner friend smokes, conscientious though, I see him putting his butts in his pocket. No doubt his wife does the laundry, so she probably wishes he'd quit.

I swept five chimneys today all at the local ski hill. Nice day. Two of the places no one was home which always makes it go quicker, no chatting and you can just focus on the work.

I got a good gig starting up there with my name being passed around a bit by a property manager. Lots of short term rentals up there.

Get 'em, Jim...righteous rage is good.

Mick...that guy's got problems. A little orange carton physically isn't much...but his handling of it speaks volumes of his character.

No telling what you are NOT catching with him. He can mess you up with customers I bet.

And that video was perfect! I totally support that guy.

I know, and it sticks in my craw a bit to use him (and his younger brother who is ok but very unskilled) as my regular guy is off sick.

But I've a new young strong guy starting in a week, plus the regular guy is back so he can find his own work from then on.

He's been late every day this week, but I've not gone off on one as it was a very lucrative 5 days (probably close to my best ever) and I could not have done the work without them.

I try not to burn bridges wherever possible.

but I've not gone off on one as it was a very lucrative 5 days (probably close to my best ever) and I could not have done the work without them.

Totally understand that...gotta grit your teeth and bare it sometimes. A horse may smell bad but it beats walking sometimes.

"There was a queue at the bakery"

"It was further away than I thought" (he went direct to jobsite)

"My alarm didn't go off"

"The dog ran away"

The best was , "the police raided my house and held me there for an hour"

I'm think he is too old for

" old lady OD'd and I gotta watch the kids"

" baby momma took me to court"

" long line up at the clinic"

Nothing special. . .

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JhiEJKrzy5I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pricing today, on a bit of a hot streak ATM.

Tree fallen in river, proper river mind, so I look at it and see a big oak that I can place a pulley and winch out the pieces.

Guy tells me the insurance company will pay, he let slip the sum they're prepared to go to. It was twice what I was about to quote.

Good news Mick!

Sam, nice video. Gotta keep those notches clean and sawdust free. I often find myself watching videos and trying to blow the notch clean on my phone.

Gotta love that, Mick.

Happened to me after our last storm.
Guy said insurance had agreed to anything up to 15000.
Curiously enough, the price ended up at 14.500.

Absolutely HUGE scots pine had fallen into a house.
We used the big Tirfor to set it back upright, then set another pull line and felled it perpendicular to the first line.
Richard was watching the client as I felled the tree.
The line was set a bit in front of 90 degrees to the lay ( Does this actually make sense to anybody?) so it swung slightly over the house before commiting to the lay.

Client bout shat his pants when he saw that tree going into the roof AGAIN!

Turned out it had knocked the whole wooden house askew, he couldn't open a single door or window, all were stuck in the frames, so that one ended up costing the insurance company quite a bit more.

I "Vista pruned" 3 birch trees and a copper beech in the rain today.
( Read: ripped the tops out of them, total hack job)
Legs were more than a bit sore after last weeks long days.
1½ hours on the couch after a hot shower helped a lot.

Back