How'd it go today?

Damn Bob, looks like some work.

I've been going non-stop with the chimneys. It's that time of year again. Overwhelming at times. Did four today, I try to only do three. It was a lot of laddering and steep ass roofs today. I did pretty well my gnarliest free roof climb today. It went ladder to the roof where I made a Hail Mary to the first peak, then I could 'go' for the second peak knowing if I slid I'd catch myself on the first peak, then the same again to get onto the final peak. The final peak was so damn steep I couldn't walk along it(metal roof I wasn't going to crush the ridge cap) had to eat humble pie and caterpillar my way over to the chimney. Nice old polish lady for the customer told me she couldn't bear to watch...but couldn't look away. Lol.

Open up your hate and let it flow into me!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L78yVFeyvRo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Best part was after I came down and she went into overwhelming detail about how just one wrong move and I'd be disabled or dead. Real confidence booster. Steep metal roofs make me nervous. I'm not reckless but I do hate busting out a roofladder(ridge hook ladder)if I can possibly get away without one. To easy to scratch, mark, dent metal.

Blacksmith I know your pain. I'm sure Jim does as well. Only way to the clutch is splitting them in half. Did that a few times and I actually enjoyed it even though it sucks

Bob, I can't see how those front wheels can work.

Saw some hotrods being built at the local machine shop. V12 going into a 40s car, forcing the front end to be moved 7" forward.. The 50s Studebaker, on paper is supposed to do 237mph. He said the flat bottom and curved top starts to lift the rear end at 160, therefore, they will add 1000# of lead to the trunk before it's time for the Bonneville Salt Flats.

I had a fairly productive day.

Got the brakes set on the D8 cat today. Pretty easy job actually, with two people anyway. Got the parts to fix the backhoe. John Deere uses a three piece coupler under the radiator from the crank to the hyd pump.

If the rubber center fails you are stuck, which is what happened. Thankfully I was at home with it. Had to pull the radiator, but it was not too bad.

Also got the rebuilt front drive shaft for my 93 ford back. They put a new tube in it as the old one was bent. I could have done it myself, but I have been busy.

We just got back from my folks place. It was a birthday dinner for Grandpa Richard and Richard boy. We had roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, broccoli cheese casserole with home made buns, salad and home made blue cheese dressing.

Wife made a scratch chocolate cake.

Everyone is full and sleepy.

Way to go, Peter!

Sounds like a good day, Jim.

Just finished dinner. Yum! From my friends' restaurant. The one who fell off a ladder. It's actually L1 damaged and repaired, I found out. Some nerve issues, at present, hoped to heal. Second time he broke it. First time was the FNG's fault.

Got a massage with the same massage therapist, which was good, unfortunately, she is married. The massage work makes quite a difference. I found out your kidneys float around, sorta. Not pinned down to a specific spot, sorta riding on your psoas muscles, which get tight on me.

Spent the afternoon with the mini pulling and wedging shitty cherries, one mushy fir, and a handful of other snags, reasonably solid.

Back