How'd it go today?

Or a worn out gfi. They can wear out just like breakers or even normal outlets. I'm no sparky but if you're dead set on a gfi put a new one in and see if it works. You might have done this already though. I've been running on fumes lately so I could've forgot reading it

GFI needs replacing, 220v probably burnt it out.

This is what I'm banking on. But now if I put a new one on and it doesn't work I'm gonna hear Jim, 'stray current you moron'!

For now. Everything is still working. Might be a couple of days before I can make it to the hardware store.

Thanks everyone for their input on this. I feel like I've basically mastered the electrical trade now. :D

Y'all saved my ass from a electricians bill right before Christmas. :thumbup:

You guys are cracking me up!

Pretty bummed to not have the outlet back up and running. I need those outdoor Christmas lights!

Justin, is your panel that contains the breakers for that outlet a sub panel or your main panel?

Just wondering if your panel might be bonded?

Probably just need to replace the outlet GFCI like Peter said, but I am just wondering why the failure occurred in the first place.

Justin, is your panel that contains the breakers for that outlet a sub panel or your main panel?

Just wondering if your panel might be bonded?

Probably just need to replace the outlet GFCI like Peter said, but I am just wondering why the failure occurred in the first place.

No just the one panel. If you look back you can see the old plug burned and blew. I believe it shorted against the metal cover plate that was on it. It's not in the pictures I took but it's burned on the backside and and has some little bits of splatter like from welding. It all happened when I jammed my Christmas light plug in like a fumbling ogre in the dark I guess? I knew I was close to zapped bad. I could feel that electricity in my fingertips when it happened. I could feel the heat from it. And of course the light show and smoke too.

Man Squisher, I hope you get that fixed without any more sparks.

Buddy and I went for a ride on the atv today after the weather warmed up a little. It was 7 degrees this morning. We road as far up the trail as we could then turned around. A couple miles back down the trail I realized we had lost Buddy's blanket so back up the hill we went. I finally found it and we headed back doen again. The sun was setting and it was starting to get cold. Once back at the pickup I almost rolled the atv trying to get it loaded. The hitch on the back hooked up in the ramp and wouldn't let me back it up any farther so I had to winch it into the pickup, otherwise I would have been screwed. Found a nice pine too so I took a selfie with it.

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_4211.jpg

IMG_4216.jpg

Pine selfie!

I dont use ramps......I had a bad experience one time.

Got a project sort of wrapped up today.

A year and a half ago I put my 2002 GMC in the shop to figure out why it squeaked. I knew it was the cam, on account of the half speed squeak.

So I started the long process of putting a high lift cam and roller rockers in it. It was a terrible project.....the 8.1 Vortec engine does not have a lot of hot rod know how in the industry.

Got it started today and found the water pump had decided to stop holding water. Another trip to town for floor dry and a water pump had it going.

Runs good. Few more things to tidy up on it and I will be finished.

Next on the list is a single mass clutch kit for a 93 Ford diesel and a 2001 Chevy diesel.

You might wonder why it took me so long to finish.......near as I can tell that I have to have one shop plugged up or I start to get antsy.

Eventually I twist off and finish the project.

Had a good day. We took care of every thing that could be felled with out damage to lawn or woods. We've got brush staged for the mini to haul out tomorrow. I've got one more I can fell but it's gonna do some damage if I do. It's an easy climb and rig but the drop zone is ti steep for equipment and I've never seen a hillside this wet. I'm thinking of guying the tree and trying to zip/speedline the tree. It's a declining tulip poplar. Well known for root issues and snapping trunks. Does a guy being set even with the speed line hieght seem ideal for getting the wood(in 8' lengths) to a flatter drop zone seem plausible? Or should I just drop it and hope for minimum damage? Has about a 7-10 degree back lean from the intended drop zone. The log will definately leave a ditch skidding it out. At least if I fell it I can put a bit of lift with a skyline type of set up to somewhat mitigate the damage. Job is open check book. I asked for a helicopter and was turned down though. I don't know why. The guy has a landing pad for one next to his house.

Been listening to the Ventura county fire channel on the Broadcastify.

The Thomas fire is kicking up.

State of Montana called today and is trying to put together a strike team of structure engines to go to California.

I would love to go but I would hate to leave! We will see if they are still looking for help tomorrow.

Back