How'd it go today?

Damn Stig, Heal up quick man.

Been slamming little jobs this week thus far so we can beat the heat. Slammed one oak removal monday rigged off a roof and then three 80 foot dead pins today before noon. Its like 103 plus this week.
Next two days are crane removals. I hope we can slam each one at 4 hours each.
Waiting on evening to change the chipper blades. Did some welding last night. More to follow. Beefing up the John Deere bucket.

That's a good doctor story...glad you got him...a persistent one that worked with you. Some would have told you that you didn't know what you were talking about and quit.

Rockin' and rolling, Stephen. Little bites every day are the secret to working in the heat. If I have to put in a long day through the heat of the afternoon this time of year, I'm trashed for 2-3 days.

Wish I could weld, one skill I never picked up. Need welding on my dump trailer and the big bucket truck. One day I'll get to it.

Rockin' and rolling, Stephen. Little bites every day are the secret to working in the heat. If I have to put in a long day through the heat of the afternoon this time of year, I'm trashed for 2-3 days.

Wish I could weld, one skill I never picked up. Need welding on my dump trailer and the big bucket truck. One day I'll get to it.

I got lucky Brian. No one ever showed me either. All the shops I worked in never got round to teaching me. Seth got to learn in scouts when they made their steam punk BBQ/Smoker. So I got to learn with him some basics. So...... My stick welds are getting better, but only enough for quick and ugly repairs. I call it gorilla welding...

My worst slivers aside from that one was when I was a kid and rode my bike into a bunch of palm fronds staked up on a sidewalk, and the tips broke off in my knee. My dad was an aspiring doctor but he never went to medical school. God his sliver removal sucked.

Yup been to the ER for phoenix palm thorns, got two of them in a jar 2" long...the third he couldn't find...
Ouch Stig, that must a hurt!!!

I'm sitting off having a bit of lunch, view across the lower paddock to the orchard, beautiful day, classics on the radio...

Attachments

• IMG_20170621_133503.jpg
    IMG_20170621_133503.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 20
Eaten all my food, back to work now

Attachments

• IMG_20170621_134959.jpg
    IMG_20170621_134959.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 21
My employee set up at the main job while I dropped D at school, braced a Maple to complete another job and got dollars. Met up at job site and banged out a bunch of dying Maple tops, leaving fell-able spars. Chipped most all of the brush. Mini was killing it on this job.
Roadside fading Cedar to remove tomorrow. No drag for chipping!!
Friend will come take wood with kboom.

Homeowners have a koi/ pond business in backyard. Pics tomorrow. No $65k treehouse like last week but Not Bad.

Maybe just bought a GRCS shipped for $2100 on TB. That should up my game.

3 more days. Snow days to make up for.

Never was in school on the solstice. Rarely was school cancelled for snow in Chicago. I had a lot of cold feet as a kid.

Mixed bag, the silage grab it came with isn't very good, we've had to make some alterations as it's set up to drive into a pile and then close the teeth at the top onto the soft silage.

We've had to shorten the bottom tines as they are longer than the top, making picking up (like a hand) difficult.

Plus the top teeth aren't tempered and bend under pressure.

I've located a fabricator with a BMG type grapple (with the heel) I should have it in 10 days.

You'll love it.

I was not getting off to position the grapple by day 2.

Might be more noise than you're used to.

Hanging the BMG out as far as possible uncurled, with a horizontal boom, grapple closed makes it almost impossible to bang into itself... Unloaded, high speed travel position.

You'll have the hang of it in no time!

I was thinking today how much the BMG kicks ass, doing things non-dangle grapples wouldn't. Dave honed that design. I just use it.

The owner of a big landscape company I sub for asked me if I could come by and help change some light bulbs in the shop today with the bucket truck. When I got there I went into his office and noticed a set of hedge trimmers on the floor. I asked him what he was going to do with them because I was in the market to buy some for my house. He gave them to me, said they came from his house but he never used them and the crews didn't like them because they were too small. He said I did lots of stuff for him and he appreciated it, take them and don't worry about it.

Made my day. :D

Attachments

• IMG_0078.JPG
    IMG_0078.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 28
Great gift. I need a hedge trimmer too. Some gardener friends tell me to get a light one. They have boxes of electric Ryobis, saying that they burn them up. A gas one seems cool.

A guy brought me a Stihl 023 leaking gas. It was completely missing the tank vent thing, just the bare plastic nipple was sticking out. A carpenter out of work, I ordered him a Chinese one. Hell, they are almost free and no charge for international shipping. :dontknow:

Back