How'd it go today?

Got a round into a coyote last night about 11.

Hit him hard, but maybe a little far back.

Found the blood trail this morning and followed it for quite a ways.

Knew we were going in the right direction by the drop pattern and what side the grass the blood was on as well as the direction of the grass lay.

I have no doubt he expired quickly, just can't find him yet.

Glad your daughter is ok Jim :)

We are watching 'Cyclone Debbie' unfold on TV, it's hitting hard, Category 4 up in far north Queensland.
It continues to amaze me how shops and houses don't tend to put boards over their windows up there...see lots of useless tape. Maybe its just what the TV is capturing, but it does seem that boarding up to the extent I'm used to isn't a done thing?

During an tree appointment in a woodsy area yesterday I saw a fox, I guess he had mange because there appeared to be no fur on his tail and not much on his body. He had a bad hind leg too but despite the injury he moved so well that it took me awhile to see he was holding it up as he made his rounds. He found something on the ground to eat in the adjacent back yard and he carried it closer to the woods to eat whatever it was, looked like some carrion. It was cold, damp and raw yesterday, but he moved and carried himself with an ease on his quest for survival. You'd never know he was missing most of his fur coat. It was inspiring to your reporter.

If he made it this long Cory, he will probably make it a while longer.

I did some googling just now, apparently when they have mange badly, they often hold up a rear leg cuz it's been injured by excessive scratching/biting from the itch.

And they are likely finished within 4 months, although warm weather is on the way, maybe that will help him a bit.

His situation and demeanor brought to mind a poem-

"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.

A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."

D. H. Lawrence

We received an email notifying us to stay off of those 3properties until further notice. The legal team has been brought back in. Apparently when you've already lost in court it gives you the right to call in the vultures to tell how you're being bullied. F-ing entitled ( lots of expletives)people who just think about themselves and never thought to look at a deed when they bought the property. I almost hope that line blows tonight in that woman's yard ( we have not quite made it to her property). There is 1600 psi of compressed natural gas in those lines and they were replaced in 1955. In 1955 it was farmland. Wanna guess why there are trees growing on it? That's right, the farmer stayed off of it and it became a fencerow. When the allotment was established, any guess as to why they made that the back lot lines? Maybe to build as many houses as possible with out having to relocate or change the elevation of the lines because that would cost the developer money.
http://www.wkyc.com/mb/news/jackson-township-fight-to-stop-tree-cutting-/425963283
Of course the fact that it is being federally mandated isn't making the news.

Yup. The paper was out earlier. Gas company's pr and legal pulled us out to get a better plan. A lot of bullshit can happen with a camera rolling. Along with creative editing. Dotting the i's and crossing t's. Also we're now going to redefine the ROW with temporary fencing much more signage over the full width of the ROW, not just our 20' maintenance corridor. Oh and I guess I have to sit through a class on how I'm allowed to react to people when approached and verbally assaulted. I guess when the camera man basically called me a pussy for packing up, I'm not allowed to ask him to turn off his camera and find out how wrong he could be.

Isn't it still pretty cold out there now?

I mean, apparently not if he's out and about, but wow!

Rich. You're a good man. Don't let those f-cking idiots drag you into a world of bullish-t you don't deserve. Morons. The reporter reads assessment when the text clearly states easement. Lmao. Buncha geniuses.

My first dump of the year, and it gets stuck. F350 held up, knock on wood. Clean up from yesterday. Neighbour saw me working and sent over her son to help. Good thing I had some coin to flip to him.

20170328_154909.jpg

Had 6 stumps, 3 cottonwood 24", 28" and 30". 3 maples 6", 20" and 24", cleared for above ground pool. All same property. Hour and a half.
20170328_104307.jpg

I need to find a good dump spot. . .

Check all this shit out! Much long awaited stuff arrived today.

17577980_1320458337990104_114536652_n.jpg

17619827_1320458374656767_479209797_n.jpg

Drayer boots

17619180_1320458811323390_771338090_n.jpg

17619820_1320458667990071_1486912192_n.jpg

GriGri for my hook and 10mm transfer line.

17578074_1320498004652804_158267847_n.jpg

17579924_1320497957986142_679035563_n.jpg

17554703_1320497921319479_623721042_n.jpg

17554689_1320497874652817_935134738_n.jpg

And some very handy welding on the new winch bumper I had fabbed up for little dump truck! I'll get her painted and installed this weekend.

Cheers 8)

Sam, nice stuff! That dump spot is almost middle of Brantford, landscape supply. They just recently are able to take brush. They mulch it, or something. And they happen to be an old family friend of my parents, not even 5 minutes from my place. City of Brantford used to have a wood and chip drop off across the road from my house in Mohawk park. Not any more. :(

Atta boy on the bumper, excellent work there. Rajan, you ground all 6 stumps with that machine in an hour and a half? I've been looking for a stumper, almost bought a tow behind but it didn't fit in backyards, so it was almost useless for me.

Back