How'd it go today?

Solid Saturday cruise Jim.

I almost entirely sat on my bum today. Wifey took our 9 month old pup to a class in the afternoon. When she got back I took the new loader and bucket across the street to my neighbors and spread out a bunch of chips I've been dumping there. He's planting a vineyard of berries and grapes. It's about a 40 x 60 area. One row of raspberries so far, and a rows with of special blackberries on order.

He just came over and we just got done chatting with he and his wife who brought us 3 dozen eggs, a bottle of raspberry wine, and a 6 pack of homemade cider. I wouldn't call it a trade. We just take care of each other. Great neighbors...

Nope you can't.

We're on half an acre which is small considering the equipment, but thinking of moving is a serious matter because we would be giving up awesome neighbors in 2 directions.

Right you are, Evan.

It's not unlike work situations...an otherwise great job will suck hard if your coworkers are lousy people, and an otherwise crappy job can be a good gig if the folks you work with are good to be around day in and out.

Can't beat good neighbors.

Hell no! Then they stop liking you!

e1e8537f82339b3f777cc5d100f1eadf_smiley-faces-winking-eye-clipart-smiley-face-wink_1024-768.jpeg

Not so very secret :).

Folks is perhaps understood as "regular people"...which we must all agree, our friend Stig is most certainly not! Just guessing as to the folks part.

You nailed it ,Burham.

I'm very far from being an average Dane.
Very far.

Looks like I made a valid assessment on my daughter today.

Came to the house after being kicked in the lower abdomin by a calf.

Pink,.warm and dry. Pupils fine.....

Bowel sounds present. No distension or guarding. ABC'S all good. Vitals in normal range.

Some localized redness and tenderness.

No referred pain in shoulders...no signs of peritonitis.

She was really in a lot of pain, wife was worried.

She just woke up from a nap and is all better.

The worry is of course internal bleeding. An abdominal injury is hard to diagnose in the field.

Kids compensate for shock very well until they don't, then quickly progress into decompensated shock.

Looks like she is fine.

Whew!

Good primary and secondary survey it seems. Kids are scary...I remember the part about how they seem fine then just crash. No thanks. Glad she is OK...keep an eye on her.

Jim I'm glad she's ok. I'm also hoping that the scene when Mongo punches the horse (Blazing Saddles) didn't happen to the calf.
Slept for almost 12 hours last night and my lower back decided to give me fits all day today. I've been pounding down water all day hoping I'm just a bit dehydrated. I did manage to get a few things done though. Dropped most of my personal saws off at a good friend's house to be gone through and given a couple of tweaks. I also managed to tear apart one of the four wheelers and almost have it back together. I was hoping for a decent week but got a call saying that I was gonna be sent out to help out another company that doesn't appear to be able to make their deadline. A few days of hustle for my boss and a few more days doing a favor for the gas company. Friday is my last day for this years big push. I'm disappearing with the family for an extended weekend after that. I need the break.

Channel 3 showed up at lunch so the gas company's PR shut us down. Problem is I have rigging set up in the tree and a knot in my rigging line. Wondering if I should just climb it as the regs on booms are much stricter.

Bucket truck was set up in a technically non approved fashion because of grades. Although I deem it safe, big brother may not. It was also a very tight work area and we were undermanned.

Back