How'd it go today?

Mike and I knocked out this mistletoe removal out together yesterday. Nice to have the company up in the tree. HO clean up. This would have taking me two days solid. I was behind schedule so this caught us up some.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GiKFrNtbrE0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So I bought a Stihl FS 90 trimmer today. Figured I would go back to 2 stroke after my Craftsman 4 stroke has been such a piece.
Anyone else have one? I hope they are good.

I bought the silver oil to get the double waranty. The sales chick told me that you can burn silver oil and switch to orange but not the other way around as it would ruin the engine from all the carbon coming loose. Sounds silly to me.
Anyone else been told this?

It's been a rough week. 12 hour days. I always tell the guys that even though we get paid holidays, we're gonna pay for it. Boss has so much going on that he actually worked all week. He even asked if I would start doing some estimating for him. I had to remind him that it's a conflict of interest and I can't do it while working 60 hours a week already.
I've got two dead maples to climb in a cemetery tomorrow. This is one of my jobs so I'll enjoy it a bit more. I'm getting so loaded up with my own work that I might start using my vacation days to go do it.

Sorry Jim. I've never heard of that happening. I know that carbon can build up over time and fall off in the cylinder and score it up. I didn't think that the type of mix oil would cause that but the wrong ratio could. I know my dealer pushes the silver bottle pretty hard though. For almost double the price it had better be good stuff.

Picked up an opportunity to row a boat on the lower Rogue next week.3 Days of class 3 and 4 rapids, I'm stoked!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nGphJgVM1WY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This shows the water better. Crazy hydraulics in Mule Creek canyon, if you're going to die on this river, Blossom Bar is statistically the place, though the water is higher and forgiving in this video. It's more of a technical rapid than a big one. We should get to stopand see Zane Grey's cabin as well.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ExUHrBBg7bs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nix, Willie, it needs mixed gas like a 2 stroke.

Jim, those 4-stroke Stihl are almost impossible to kill.
I have one, that I've used for over 10 years to cut water vegetation with.
That means running full out 8 hrs/day for a couple of months each year.
So far one valve adjustment, one new spark plug and that is it.
It is really a great engine.

I think you'll be very happy with it.

Just took my Stihl kombi 130r partner in for service. They are going to adjust/ lap the valves. The mechanic said that Stihl said you can't, but they put some fuel line on the valve and lapping compound in the right place, and spin the fuel line.

It's having some other fuel issue after 6 years without problem, so I said to make it work.

It runs many attachments. Considering the power broom after watching videos here.

My blower is a 4mix as well, I didn't realise for 2 years! Bought it off a bloke in the pub.
Jim I've heard the term "dry sump engine" used.

Back