How'd it go today?

Spring is here...but still getting a few frosty mornings and snow to 700m today...got to keep a close eye on it all, cover our ONE apricot tree if we've got any chance of a crop.

Well my my crew did a great job Friday showing appreciation for getting a new chipper. Then they went and really messed up. Another employee lives next door to our shop and they all decided to party pretty hard Friday night. We had five drunk ass employees get the cops to show up at two am because they decided that the side by side would be a good thing to go riding around the parking lot in. The boss is pissed (which he should be) but is taking it out on everyone. He was mad at me because of what my guys did long after they clocked out. I know he will calm down but I worked them boys hard today for twelve hours and they didn't say a word. We had two large silver maples that we planned on at least brushing one out last Friday, but I blew a line in the truck. We hammered those plus two small maples today, plus hauled seven loads of wood. They're tired. I'm tired. Oh well it was a beautiful day.

I got an unusual text today while cutting down a broken pine tree for my neighbor. An unfamiliar number (very close to my number) texted "frig you". After mulling it over a few minutes I replied "I think you have the wrong number". About 5 minutes later they replied "Wrong number. Sorry."

Hey. I go to the gym every night. I'll admit 225 is more than the 160 I was 12 years ago.

That was satellite clearance. It'll bush back out nicely. Actually I took the entire tree down with a 201T and a 261. It was just a shell. About 6 to 8 inches at most.

Back