How'd it go today?

Drinking Oly Beer and eating Malt-0-Meal.

I have rediscovered my love for cheap beer. Shit, Oly is good!

Oly, PBR, Rainier, High Life are good beers! You can get a 30 of High Life right now for 12 bucks.

Always look on the bright side of life........

It ain't so bad if you like it Butch. It must admit, I am not much of a craft beer guy.

I only buy Tillamook cheese still. I have 5 years of birthday and Christmas money saved. I will buy cheese with that if needed.

Thanks everybody.

Everything is dead this year. Will have to wait and try again next year.

Hope Sean's, Jim's and Stephen's troubles get solved, or at least helped. (Rain for Jim?)

Thinking of making wooden sides and tailgate to lighten things up a bit?
20170728_135210.jpg

That's crazy Jim. We had almost 200% normal snow pack and it seems like it rained almost everyday until the middle of June. We aren't that far apart but I guess being on the other side of the hill makes a big difference. I don't envy your situation and I hope for the best for ya.

Wood does help lighten the load. Cheap fix too when needed.

Well, been a day. But some good news came in. White flatbed got the new tranny and is ready tomorrow. They called me after the test drive to tell me that and let me know it really needed a new tranny mount. :|: Of course I authorised it. But seriously, could we have called before reinstall??
Ran to Fresno first thing this morning for the banjo fitting and washers. Get there (they told me yesterday, they had them), now I am being asked the number off the pump. This is the place I had rebuild the pump last year. Should be on their computer. Would have been nice to know I needed it before driving am hour and 1/2. Not on computer. They pull out the file of invoices from last year. Luckily, the invoice was right where she split the file for us to look through.
Mechanic takes number, disappears and finally comes back after about 10 minutes. Nope, don't have the part. But he has a used one. Little different, but should work:?
Come home. Not lining up. Washers not seating. Went down and got a handful of copper ones. Tinkered some more. No more fuel leak.
I did order a complete set from them while I was there. So I will have a full set of banjo fittings and washers in case in about two weeks:|:
Soooooo.... now I will get to go to work tomorrow.
See if I can get Katy and I some dinner. Crazy dayz

Nothing, until I gouged it with a wrench. Just a dumb move on my part. I was having a hard time removing the line off the fitting, tight quarters for the wrench and my hands were hurting from the day. But I could get to the bolt in the banjo. So I took out the fitting and line whole. Went to pull the line off the fitting and the wrench holding the fitting slipped. Gouged the seat on the fitting. Just a series of events from a problem I created wrenching. Line was in the wrong position too. Something I did while removing it. Pre bent line. So it has to be in the right position to the route and fitting. I twisted it somehow. Being hot and tired coming off work and wrenching on shit you need back up right away, bad juju.

Jim, honestly, Oly is a pretty bad beer.
That said, I have a soft spot for it myself.
That is what I used to drink, back in my Idaho buckarooing days.
Since it was" the local beer".
Tillamook is so good, that even Ireland doesn't make it better.
The black vintage stuff holds a place in my luggage if there is room for it, when I go home from California.

I do like some beers better than others.

I dont like IPA's or any of the silly beers with non-beer ingredients.

Bought some Stella Artois at the store a while back.......it must have been there a while. Fresh is probably better.

There is a brewery in the big town to the west, and they make some good beers.

I have found that I like Scotch Ales, but they dont like me. I ended up eating a beer glass once after a couple gallons.

I was a beer drinker, lots and lots every night.

I got bored with farting and pissing the whole time.

Maybe a can of Heineken after work on a hot day.

Strictly the vino these days.

Dive team training today..a few picts. I'll see if I can edit a short video of what we did.

Attachments

• GL finds victim.jpg
    GL finds victim.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 31
  • Herb-GL bag victim pict.jpg
    Herb-GL bag victim pict.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 31
A short video of dive team training...one search and recovery method. That's me in the yellow fins. Initial clip is some of the new guys working with drysuit buoyancy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WUQim9D2FdM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back