How'd it go today?

Hate to hear about getting cut. I'm sure you know to watch closely for infection...any doubts see a doc for anti-biotics...certainly don't want a bone infection if you nicked any bone.

Went and delivered a couple Chestnut chairs to a second home in the mountains above the prefectural capital. Got very lost finding the digs. Kind of a resort area but not very touristy, and the home is at a more remote location.. An interesting architectural design, not much in the way of windows, unlike what you might expect. Very pleasant customer, good conversation and she took me out to lunch. She said the architect's approach was to make going outside a change from the interior. Very cosy inside with a lot of attention to details and a lodge like feeling. It looks large, but is actually pretty compact. Also a separated guest room out the back over a bridge. I really liked the place. Too much snow in the winter getting up there, they don't use it during those cold months.

Attachments

• nagano1.jpg
    nagano1.jpg
    502.6 KB · Views: 47
  • nagano.jpg
    nagano.jpg
    649.8 KB · Views: 47
Thanks, Jim. Losing the ability to have much Chestnut wood in the states was a terrible loss. It is a great wood to work, doesn't hassle you. A fine material for both architectural and furniture things.

Beautiful, Jay.

Going to wreck out a good sized fir for a friend over his shop. See how the Wraptor mixes things up. 180 degrees clear, 180 degrees over the shop.

Tree has suffered excavation damage on the shop side, so a significant amount less of full, live branches. Wind and rain have started coming.

I'm thinking of making a limb funnel by stripping the one side about 160 degrees if the wind is fighting me. The bottom of the canopy is close enough to the ground to prevent bouncing limbs, I think. Speed line the rest right to the chipper.

A new groundie 's first day. 3 months experience with another local arborist.

Used to drive an ambulance for a stint. Back country guiding. Two things that could make a person safety conscious, hopefully.

Glad you guys like it! My own design and pretty straight forward on the chair, but making that arm well with a curve where it drops down to the front part where your hand is, is really some difficult thing.

Those chairs will surely dress up the inside of that country home...I appreciate seeing your work. Seeing the "other" side of treework is satisfying...it's nice to see beautiful things.

Excellent work Jay !!!
The house is cool too. Looks like a place I would like.

Well...... Got woke up to water issues again. Seth left the water on and now I have pipes to redo. When the pump runs straight for hours, drains the 3500 gallon tank and keeps running, it pops plumbing. Threw a threaded cap fittings all loose.
So instead of barber polling 3 pnoderosa and throwing them in a tight grove, I get to play plumber...... Yeah.... (roll eyes smiley)

I love the finish you get on your stuff.
I wouldn't have the patience for that, on a stationary object.

Excellent work Jay !!!
The house is cool too. Looks like a place I would like.

Well...... Got woke up to water issues again. Seth left the water on and now I have pipes to redo. When the pump runs straight for hours, drains the 3500 gallon tank and keeps running, it pops plumbing. Threw a threaded cap fittings all loose.
So instead of barber polling 3 pnoderosa and throwing them in a tight grove, I get to play plumber...... Yeah.... (roll eyes smiley)

Do they make a timer of some sort that would limit the run time on the pump?

For example, pump comes on, timer starts, after 1-hour electricity is shut off to pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The timers name is Seth and he stopped working.

Pretty much....

I am looking into a timer that shuts the pump down. I also installed a new pump. Something I ordered a while back as an upgrade and I was worried the impeller on the old one is close to shot from water being left on.

I am in a pickle. If I buy timer(s), I save myself a ton of headache. I also feel it is Katy's responsibility to purchase them as it is her animals that have to be watered. Same with the garden. I have wired the whole damn hillside so controllers can run about anything any where within an acre of the house and pump shed. She just says she never has the money. Funny, she has money to feed the critters and keeps bringing more critters and yard sale crap home. She purchased a shat load of electric fence stuff. Put it all up and neglected it. Now it is a complete loss save for some of the hardware and the box. It's a fuggen waste of money, time and energy constantly around here. If I fix they problem, they expand the problem to a new area. Or add more crap I need to put in infrastructure on. Katy's car, she broke the fuggen rear struts. I told her over and over again not to overload the car. Now for a safety issue, I will probably be the one to replace them instead of her taking the responsibility to do so. If she does not feel the financial pain, she will never take responsibility. Again... a catch 22... she will still load the kids into a vehicle that you dare not hit 50 MPH in. I never see any help... Only more on my plate. The more I do, the more I get to do.
So now a timer. Probably more controllers.. Screw me and the business that needs to keep money flowing in the house.
Another example.. Katy decides to buy a pool, guess whose new chore so it stays clean for the kids. frig me.
Rant over.

Thanks guys, I put a lot of time into a woodwork finish, many applications with drying time and rubbing out between. It's really a trade in itself, and used to be. Slap it on and you're done isn't the best approach.

Sean, hope the new guy works out well.

Beautiful chairs Jay. I really admire someone who has the patience for that type of project.

Sounds like a crappy day Stephan...losing work because something you'd expect might need to be fixed is bad enough...been there, I'd probably rant a bit in your shoes too.

Took down a couple smallish Maples and stripped most of the brush out of 3rd and a White Pine. Tried a new way of doing things on the pine and rocked it...Love finding better ways to do something that make a noticeable difference.

Sweet chairs. Like many others have said, I love to see the other end of this industry, especially when done so well. Went and took out a large silver maple today that I started in June. Actually I showed up there in June and the bucket truck wouldn't make the corner so needed the neighbors yard for access. Job wasn't bid to climb. Had 25 X 25' drop zone. Grcs sure would've been a nice tool to own on that one. Got a white and red oak to do tomorrow. Lots of room, bucket will reach the lower half of both. Then put the gear on and remind the boss why he pays me what he does.

Back