How'd it go today?

hows this for a day?

1. Early morning entering first tree the climbers Spiderjack has some sort of failure, he falls around four meters to the ground, he's physically ok and proceeds to work.
2. I bend the the shaft on a power pruner that doesn't belong to me.
3. Chip truck gets bogged on a dirt driveway
4. I pull the chip truck out with a rope on my pickup and a car comes speeding down the hill and drives through the rope
5. a bird shits inside my car

Thankfully its Friday

Lucky its not on the drivers side, its on the inside of the passenger door. I was almost going to leave it there- its where the groundy sits.

If this helps clear it up I'm almost certain it was a noisey minor bird that was playing with its reflection my side mirror, window wound down whilst parked

I am taking the kids to swim in the big green stock tank over east. Sleeping Buffalo hot springs.

I should stay home and work, but what the hell. Weather is good, hired man is rolling hay fields, calving is going well, waiting on parts.......

Time to get off the farm.

Oh, I was going to mention my new purchase the other day. Its a doozie!

I bought a couple half gallons of real Maple syrup from some cat in upstate New York. He had 3000 taps in this year. Seems like a bunch.

I have never tasted anything like it. No more Aunt Jeremiah or Log Cabin for this guy.

It does not have the strong "maple" flavor of the imitation stuff, not what I was expecting.

It is tremendously good.

I just finished my French Toast...with REAL maple. That is all I buy for years now...no going back. I was raised on Log Cabin and Caro syrup...hoi polloi stuff.

You are hooked now.

Good on ya for getting off the farm....good for all of you!!

Jim, I've been using the real stuff since forever.
Once you go that way, there is no going back.

And yes, we can get aunt Jemina here. In the "US products" shelves in the larger supermarkets.

Don't know what people use it for, Never come across anybody here except myself, who makes hot cakes and waffles.

Not so very secret :).

Folks is perhaps understood as "regular people"...which we must all agree, our friend Stig is most certainly not! Just guessing as to the folks part.

Yeah, not a well kept secret.

I guess we will have to wait till tomorrow for a verdict.

Anyway, had a pretty good day off the farm. Silly green swimming pool is 100 miles one way, but it is warm and the kids like it. Stopped in Malta on the way and had pizza. Was good.

Swam for probably 4.5 hours. Kids were getting a bit testy so we left and took a little road trip before dinner. Went north on a dirt road and looked at Nelson reservoir. Went by the little ghost town that my grandparents on my mothers side lived in for a while. It was a sort of work town while they were building the Fort Peck Dam. Most of the housing was just old box cars converted to sleeping quarters. Pretty primitive, just a stove in one corner. That was the town of Cole.

I am not sure if she was teaching up there or not.

Ended up using my supernatural sense of direction and ended up in Saco. My Grandfather ran the grocery store there for a few years.

Traveled back west to Malta and had a fine dinner at a steak house. Rib steak and lobster for 40 bucks. Kinda pricey but we were in it for the long haul today.

Just got back home and the kids are all sleeping.

Good day.

Back