How'd it go today?

The new saw is just awesome. It sliced through that stump like the good 'ole hot knife through butter. I really like that the chain break is in the case, not in the clutch cover, and the cover is metal. I'm very impressed with the design of the stihl pro saws.

Making a bit of progress on the house......

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Aw8N5Pk0wzE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sittin' in recovery with my little girl, she had tubes put in her ears.

Hope she feels better soon.

No, I'll cut rafters. Trusses are not practical when dormers/projections are involved.

Cheaper to frame rafters too, I would think. It seems trusses only shine in my book when you want clear span or are in a real rush to get er done.

Thanks, yes, she'll be fine, just to help drain her ears, hopefully keep her from catching every bug at school, we're at my place now, she's had a whole bowl of soup and a frosty from Wendy's.

Went to Ted's Montana Grill (Ted Turner, second biggest private land owner in US, bison and environmental afficianado), had a delicious bison NY strip along with veggies etc, then had another bison strip as desert. Then saw Eric Clapton play Madison Square Garden. Good show, and guests John Mayer and Butch Trucks were both nasty during their songs. Mayer plays lead mostly with no pick and Trucks never uses one, yet they both have plenty of attack in their sound. Eric's rhythm playing was heavy and primal and in a serious groove when needed, e.g. during the opening tune "Somebody's Knocking". Fun to see a legend do his thing. He's 70 y.o., been doing it since 16 or so.

Drove down to court this a.m. to deal with a ticket....magistrate refused to take my guilty plea...says he's trying to help, but my guess is he's just upping the court costs...I was hoping to get through this w/out dealing with a prosecutor...oh well...

had planned on going in this afternoon for another BP check but might wait til tomorrow now...

No tales to tell?

Nah, nobody in the bathroom saying "acid, I got acid here. ludes and acid here...", like in the old days, lol. As the first note of the night was played, heavy pot smoke filled the air. It smelled good, I thought I was gonna get high it was so thick. 90% of the crowd was my age group, not a lot of hijinks going on. Ha the first time I was at MSG was about 1975 to see Aerosmith with Ted nugent. I had never heard of nugent but he definitely blew my mind. Wild show. People in the upper decks were shooting roman candles into the air. Lots of firecrackers in the audience too, some long strings were thrown on stage.

Well, here is one of the tunes from the Clapton show, John Mayer and Clapton do their heavy thing starting at 3.06. Hearing this song, "Pretending" on the radio, it never sounded heavy to me but it had a nice feel, played live.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/05mYVdKg-gA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back