How'd it go today?

I imagine he's lucky thats all he's loosing!!! The housing market out there is cut in half or better in a lot of places!!

slayed 5 bradford pears.....1 and 1/2 truck...brushy MOFO's.Heavy ace'd brush, gotta love a mini:D

We pollarded a sycamore and deadwooded a valley oak. Good money day. Deva, there's no way you could hang on until the prices come up?

Trimmed out a fruitless mullberry off a house and thinned it, dead wood etc. Some with a small poplar and a few lil trees lady had. Outty in 3 hours all chipped and raked etc. Then went and did a couple white oaks. Some manzanita. 1 hour. moved onto next job. Nobody home... Called it day and went home to set up more work... I am now almost booked till Nov. WOW

I put up a driveway gate with my brother today, really expensive job. Laying the final welds in the last hinge when they say, "I think we want it on the other side of the posts". Been home all day, they will pay for re-install, must be nice to have disposal money.

Came home and made a sweet tailgate for the chip truck.

Wow, this thread has over 1000 pages.

We removed a dead black walnut today with the GRCS. It worked wonderfully. Then we deadwooded two pin oaks. I think it was our last 10 day for the season as it is already getting dark quicker. Things have been lean around here and I decided to just do the field portion of the Pacific Northwest ISA Conference here in Boise. I will miss all the classes, lectures and the CEUs that come with them. Instead I will continue my training in the field.

Did I mention that we are almost caught up on our behind schedule chipping jobs since we got the chipper back??? YUP.. Life is good.. Only took a couple days off thanks to our downsizing clients. LOL
Yesterday... an all day job turned into a one hour job of clean up cause of money issues... Hey if I can't make money on one.. I will on another.. Also .. I got paid. Even if I have to go back on the job.. I have them cut a check for the work done and then again to finish it.. So ... More pay for the work done.. :)

Heck atleast you get to be there Darin.:)

I had to drive all over hells half acre this afternoon to replace a cement planter I broke last week. What a pita but no one to blame but myself.

I've got a full roster booked here now for the next few weeks and am hoping that my PI is healed enough to let me get through the days without to much frigging itching.

Might have my first bit of work with a crane coming up too. As long as the homeowner ok's the crane quote. Nothing crazy like y'all are doing just lifting the larger trunk pieces up and over a cemented in fence to the neighboring parking lot. Dead old lombardy's that'll get brushed out and brought down to the bigger stuff first. Still pretty excited about it though, it'll be a good icebreaker for getting a bit of a feel for a crane.8)

I looked at this job and the access and what it would take to remove some fence panels and the gardens around the trees and went nope. The customer will save money with a crane on this one and there's no way I'd be wheelbarrowing out all the wood through to the front yard.

I'm sure it's gonna be a go, the crane guy is cheaper then what I thought and had previously discussed with the customer. Just don't want to count my chickens before they hatch as I just left a message with the customer today but haven't heard back on the final confirmation yet.

Also booked a hydro service drop today for the first time for yup three other lombardys. Ever since RBtree did his giant lombardy these things have been coming outta the woodwork to haunt me. lol. Nowhere near as big as the ones he was doing though.

Don't that bite a big one! :P

Does it ever! This job I did last week was on the outer edges of my geographic area (paid travel time though so wth?). And then I gotta go and bust this stupid cement wagon planter. I only busted one wheel and I offered the dude a $100 cash to just keep it the way it was (couldn't even see the broken wheel up against a cedar hedge) or fix it himself. But no he wants it replaced. Alrighty then.:roll:

It's a lakefront strata and when I show up there today the dude is over from Alberta in his shiny new convertible vette.

I had to just keep repeating to myself. No one to blame but you, no one to blame but you.

Somedays are better than others.8)

The insulated line that feeds a home. Up here they'll drop it for free.:)

With it dropped I'll be able to send big tops from my bucket, without it dropped I'd have to rig everything out. I find lombardy's very brittle and these ones are mostly dead which doesn't help.

bc hydro is our provincial power authority, we call them to get them to drop the service line so we can work, then they come hook it back up. :)

Enjoy your first time Squish, it can be exhilirating. :P

For Canucks, hydro means electric. That's because they get most of their power from hydroelectric generators in dams.

Hey Skwishey, I betcha next time you move the planter out from under the tree before you start cutting! ;)

Hey Skwishey, I betcha next time you move the planter out from under the tree before you start cutting! ;)

Yes I certainly will. Stupid bounce the last limb I cut that coulda come close to that thing. It hit the base of the tree and bounced a good 10' over to it like it was freaking magnetized or something. Frigging lawn ornaments anyways.

If I called my utility and requested a hydro service drop, would they know what I was talking about? Or is this a canuck thing?

If I called my utility and requested a hydro service drop, would they know what I was talking about? Or is this a canuck thing?

You might have to request a electric service drop. As y'all are running on borrowed power or nukes down there aren't ya? And by borrowed I mean borrowed from us!:P

I get free service line (hydo) dropped for me a lot. Seeing as we have a lot of trees up here that have to come down and the service it tacked to them. I advice the customer to request it from the electric Co. PG&E. They drop it and will install a new pole for free also.. I also ask they not install the pole till I am done with my work as they could put it right in my way.. Scheduling nightmare.. yup... You have to go with when they do it.. But beneficial all around... I will work this way rather than get zapped.. ANYDAY!... :)

I just got home about 30 minutes ago... LONG DAY! I had an office meeting this morning, and ended up having to help on the Peninsula this afternoon(could have been morning, but had to drop parts off at the ocean front, and then drive all the way to Williamsburg for my first call.

Back