How'd it go today?

Wrecked a hollow cedar.

Driver rammed and tipped a 10-12" x 60' Doug fir last night. At the end of the day today, I hopped it over the fence it was leaning against, while standing on a small barrel conveniently on hand, to cut at 8'. Pulled the stump out pretty easily.

Dog looks a little grouchy.:)

Where exact in Idaho are you.
Or as exact as you care to say.

I worked around Grand view near Mountain Home in 81 and have some very fond memories of Idaho.

Nice pic!

Shit for me, s10 won't start. Starter was lazy, then it only clicked now nothing. Not even 2 years old. PITA to change, and it has to be on GF's driveway. :(

Thanks, I think it's 2 year warranty. Receipt is in Brantford, I'll have to check facebook see when I replaced it, it'll ne easier for the parts store in Waterford to process the warranty. Thank goodness it died in the GFs driveway and the parts store across the road was open. $140.

Truck is working, for now.

Pays to be a good-wrench, Peter. Be glad to have skills. Plenty of people (present company excluded, naturally) would be in the sh&t-or-go-blind position with a starter motor.

Dropped three dead pine trees for a guy today. All at the edge of a vacant lot leaning toward the house next door. 3 cuts, $300. Took about an hour because I had to set ropes in all three and pulled them with the bucket truck. A bit sketchy when working by yourself but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Actually it wasn't that bad. I pretensioned the rope, cut up my hinge and then walked back to the truck and pulled it over. They were still pretty sappy so they hinged well.

Back